Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-17-2023, 10:26 PM

Default Venue SC48 Power Supply Message

Hey all question for ya. A few weeks back a message started coming up that 1 power supply is possibly failing. We have both power plugs into the same power strip. I was thinking about swapping one of the then to a seperate outlet...

Thanks for any ideas...
Old 05-18-2023, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Venue SC48 Power Supply Message

Yes. Redundant power only works when the power supplies are on separate circuits. I've got the first in the wall, the second is plugged into an uninterruptible power supply that is then plugged into a separate circuit. Now if the power goes out in the building while the desk is up, I still have time to save my show file and shut the desk down until power is restored.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Venue SC48 Power Supply Message

About a week or so back while checking a few things, I found out the secondary IEC was loose and it came unplugged on the back of the console due to the safe catch broken off. As soon as I plugged it in and booted the console the error went away….