How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2023, 04:43 AM

Default Wrong iLok ID so can't activate Pro Tools

Hello!!

I have just purchased Pro Tools but unfortunately it seems to be linked to the wrong iLok account. It looks like a second iLok account has been created with my email address as the username however I need the licenses to be under my actual iLok account where all the rest of my current licenses are. I'm presuming this is why I can't open Pro Tools or activate the license.

There doesn't seem to be an option to change the iLok ID or transfer the licenses so I have opened a support case but had no response yet. I really need to open the software ASAP as I'm a student and have a lecture based around Pro Tools in a few hours where I will need to be using it!!

Is there any other way around this or do I just need to wait for customer support?? How long do they usually take??

Thanks!!
Old 04-12-2023, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Wrong iLok ID so can't activate Pro Tools

While you wait for support to reply you can start a fully working trial license on the correct iLok. This will get you up and running for the time being.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Confused about which package to purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterFairy878 View Post
I have just purchased Pro Tools but unfortunately it seems to be linked to the wrong iLok account. It looks like a second iLok account has been created with my email address as the username however I need the licenses to be under my actual iLok account...
Welcome to the community.

Looks like this was fixed yesterday through your support case.