Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2023, 05:25 PM

Default All outputs in mono

I'm on windows OS and after downloading everything for Mbox studio, everything on my desktop as well as DAW only play in mono. My windows 11 is not set to mono and the physical button is not in mono, nor is the Mbox control software set on mono. I'm curious if this is a software problem? Or does the USB-C port have to be plugged into a 3.0 insert? I'm out of ideas of why this could be happening.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:41 AM

Default Re: All outputs in mono

The USB port should not matter in this case, so I would try doing a factory reset and seeing if it helps.

MBox Studio factory reset instructions:

1.) Open MBOX Control.
2.) Open the "Presets" Pane by clicking on the top menu bar button next to the Avid logo.
3.) Navigate to the "Factory" tab in the presets pane.
4.) Click on "FACTORY DEFAULT".
5.) Press "Load".

System Details
Old 03-20-2023, 11:41 AM

Default Re: All outputs in mono

Agree with junkgear, but wait! There's more. How your non-Pro Tools sounds are routed might be one issue because all the "channels" in Mbox Control are panned center by default(so finding the 2 channels for Windows audio and panning the 2 might help). For me, this is Internal 1 and 2 and they WERE panned center by default and I changed that(all non-Pro Tools audio now plays in proper stereo). As for DAW audio, what DAW? How experienced are you? Could it be a silly mistake of using a mono Master track?

Another question; are you listening over speakers or headphones? If headphones, open the utility menu(in Mbox Control, the little "gear" in the upper right-hand corner) and look at the Headphones section and note the 2 checkboxes to make either headphones mono(un-check the boxes).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave