How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio

Old 10-20-2022, 07:31 PM

Default Re: New desktop Avid Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
That's appreciated. If they have any info they're willing to share on future paths for HD Native users (since the current card appears to be a s***show in PCI chassis with the Mac Studio, plus it's end-of-life anyway), that'd be a big help.

Is an AVB remote possible? Do you need an AVB hub (don't know if that's a real thing) for something like that? Carbon's "ownership of the Ethernet port" is one of the things that has had me skeptical about it.
My HD Native card runs flawlessly with my Mac Studio. What chassis are you using?

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 12-31-2022, 10:32 AM

Default Re: New desktop Avid Interface - MBOX Studio

I just bought the MBOX Studio a week or so ago. It is my first interface. I like it so far but have a lot to learn about recording with a DAW. My only other was a TACAM Portastudio 008X. I am liking it so far. My two issues the Foot Switch working on Starting/Stopping a Recording Avid say’s coming soon and the Bluetooth output for use with Headphones. They seem to only work if your computer connects to the Headphones. Why don’t they make the interface do it since that is where they will be used? The button is on the interface but documentation seems to say you must connect to Computer first (if I read correctly) If anyone knows the answer please way in here.
Pro Tools Studio 2022.12
Old 12-31-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalou88 View Post
I just bought the MBOX Studio a week or so ago. It is my first interface. I like it so far but have a lot to learn about recording with a DAW. My only other was a TACAM Portastudio 008X. I am liking it so far. My two issues the Foot Switch working on Starting/Stopping a Recording Avid say’s coming soon and the Bluetooth output for use with Headphones. They seem to only work if your computer connects to the Headphones. Why don’t they make the interface do it since that is where they will be used? The button is on the interface but documentation seems to say you must connect to Computer first (if I read correctly) If anyone knows the answer please way in here.
Bluetooth headphone connectivity is a gimmick. I'm surprised Avid included it.
If you are tracking (i.e. recording) then the latency added by Bluetooth is about 150ms - completely unusable.
If you are just mixing, then there an no Bluetooth codecs which support lossless encoding, meaning you are always listening to a sub-optimal version of the mix.

I can't directly answer your question as to why it isn't working, I'm afraid.

Dominic
Old 12-31-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalou88 View Post
I’m not sure where you are getting that your computer needs to connect to the headphones. Here are the instructions from the manual:

Pairing MBOX Studio with a Bluetooth device (speaker, headphone, or other)

3 Put your external Bluetooth speaker or headphones into Bluetooth pairing mode. When the connection is established the MBOX Studio Bluetooth (output) button stops flashing and lights blue.
4 To disconnect Bluetooth press and hold the MBOX Studio Bluetooth (input) button for 2 or more seconds. Or turn off Bluetooth on your source device

Before doing this, Press and hold the Bluetooth button in the Output section for 2 seconds. The Bluetooth (output) button flashes blue.

System Details
Old 01-01-2023, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
If you are tracking (i.e. recording) then the latency added by Bluetooth is about 150ms - completely unusable.
If you are just mixing, then there an no Bluetooth codecs which support lossless encoding, meaning you are always listening to a sub-optimal version of the mix.

I can't directly answer your question as to why it isn't working, I'm afraid.

Dominic
Thanks, didn’t think of that aspect. I will just use a cable with them
Pro Tools Studio 2022.12
Old 01-01-2023, 07:55 AM

That was good information regarding Bluetooth.

I'm surprised it only has 8 visual meters on the unit as well.

Old 01-01-2023, 05:10 PM

Many other small interfaces I have seen have 2, 4 or none. Most of the meters are in the DAW so unless you have a huge professional unit this will be a moot point, correct? I guess they were trying to make bang for the best buck for casual or semi professional users which is perfect for me.
Pro Tools Studio 2022.12
Old 02-24-2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
Bluetooth connectivity is for playing back reference stuff from phones or using Bluetooth connection to check mixes. The vast majority of listeners are going to be listening through a Bluetooth device of some kind. Might as well make sure the mix sounds OK there before sending it into the world.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:30 AM

Default Re: New desktop Avid Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I have three already
THREE?!

randevickagency.com