Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Default WAVES AND ILOK PROBLEM

Hi,

First tried to download the V6 mercury DEMO onto my ilok that houses all my waves auths! and got this message...

The following licences exist on the target ilok and may be replaced by licence selected etc! then another message saying the licence will be "queued" sinse another licence with greater weight is in the way!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...EDORQUEUED.png

Then tried to download onto another ilok that has all out of date demos and got the message "not enough space available on the ilok etc"..

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...PACEONILOK.png

where do i go from here? i'll try waves support i guess! but i can't even log onto the Waves site at the moment!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Re: WAVES AND ILOK PROBLEM

Waves is in the midst of moving the authorization process to ilok.com, so I'm sure there will be some growing pains.

I, too, have run into the running out of space on an iLok - luckily I have several that I can juggle.

Waves support is pretty darn good....give 'em all call!

Phone: 1-865-909-9200 ext. 1
Fax: 1-901-328-6358
.: michaelkammes.com
.: lucidsound.com
Old 07-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Hi Criz -

yeah this one is a waves typical stupid error.

In the Mercury bundle you have about 100 licenses. And one ilok will hold no more than 100 licenses. So if waves plan to offer more plugs to the mercury bundle well then one ilok will NOT be able to hold em all. Instead of making just ONE license for all the plugs included in the mercury bundle they had to make for for each component. he.

If you click the little arrow next to the name it will expand and you can see all the licenses that the bundle holds. I just did it for my diamond bundle and had to move a lot of other licenses in order to download my license. I did not have room enough to hold my SSL bundle on the ilok too - so I had to go and get one more.

I wonder how people smart enough to build plugs like those of waves can be so damn stupid and NOT make one license for ONE bundle.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:23 AM

Please move some Ilok assets in other iLok. The asset of V6 needs a lot of space.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 PM

Default Re: WAVES AND ILOK PROBLEM - A DISASTER HERE

Hi All,

As for me, this iLok 6 upgrade has been a real disaster.

To begin with, during the upgrade process, I got an error message on www.ilok.com saying that there was a problem with my L2 authorization and that I should retry by clicking on a link... I did that 4 times and got the error message every time. Since I found myself caught in a loop, I decided to exit from Safari, restart my computer and connect only that one iLok.

After logging on www.ilok.com, I was shocked to discover that my iLok had completely disappeared from my account! - And it was "zero down time" covered!

Of course, I have immediately contacted both Waves and iLok, but in view of the problem and knowing how slow iLok support is - and no phone access - I might well have to cancel tomorrow's studio session...

Any help or info you guys can provide to speed-up the process would be more than welcome!

Thanks,

David

http://www.arthanor.com
Old 07-09-2008, 01:12 PM

ILOK.com = should be the reincarnation of the word TOTAL CRIMINAL.

We should start a petition and have the vendors come up with something different than this company. I have had nothing but nothing but trouble with this company - and think about it.

The customer PAYS for his product ONLY to have to PAY more to be able to use it. In addition he has to deal with STRESS because ilok.com is THE worst programmed internet site in the history of CPUs.

I for one dont see why it should be a hassle for a client to deal with his product.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Hi All,

As for me, this iLok 6 upgrade has been a real disaster.

To begin with, during the upgrade process, I got an error message on www.ilok.com saying that there was a problem with my L2 authorization and that I should retry by clicking on a link... I did that 4 times and got the error message every time. Since I found myself caught in a loop, I decided to exit from Safari, restart my computer and connect only that one iLok.

After logging on www.ilok.com, I was shocked to discover that my iLok had completely disappeared from my account! - And it was "zero down time" covered!

Of course, I have immediately contacted both Waves and iLok, but in view of the problem and knowing how slow iLok support is - and no phone access - I might well have to cancel tomorrow's studio session...

Any help or info you guys can provide to speed-up the process would be more than welcome!

Thanks,

David
This sounds to me like you ran out of room on your ilok. It should still work fine with ProTools, but the ilok guys will need to reset it for it to show up on ilok.com. Try it out and see if you can load plugs without auth problems. I have linked this thread on our development board

The Waves 6 Mercury auth is around 70 assets, so it is best to install it on a new ilok (for TLC if nothing else). That leaves plenty of room for Mercury bonus packages.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:39 PM

Well you are right, it seems to work, except Waves of course. And it is blocking my mastering application with a "iLok full" during startup...

Now all is left for me to do is wait for the guys from iLok to wake up and reset my key! I hope this doesn't take them a week!

Thanks much,

David

http://www.arthanor.com
Old 07-10-2008, 06:15 AM

I've also heard that to avoid some license issues with this upgrade you may need to UNinstall your current iLok client AND iLok driver software before installing the new ones. Just download the two installers from ilok.com and run the uninstall scripts.
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2
Old 07-10-2008, 07:37 AM

Could I erase some out of date demos licenses from my ilok and leave more free space for new licenses?

Thanks.