Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2021, 02:23 AM

Default Dock automation buttons can't be reassigned

Hi,

I want to reassign the automation buttons on the left edit side of the Dock.

Unfortunately the left column can't be reassigned to anything at all. Neither in Pro Tools nor in any other DAW. It just sticks with the default assignment. The right column on the other hand can be reassigned.

Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
Old 09-20-2021, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Dock automation buttons can't be reassigned

It works fine here, i am on Cubase Pro 11/Mac (all latest FW).

It worked also with older versions but i remember, when i was programming the editor was automatically renaming the buttons on right side but for the left side it left them blank and this made me think the programming was not being saved but actually they worked. I had to later manually relabel them. Though the the buttons with red/green lights...they do not correspond with Cubase's automation state etc.

The Editor is a delicate piece from stone ages, the one and only true VINTAGE software out there hence Avid is updating it 1/2 (you can read this as "1 or 2" or as 0.5, the ladder is more accurate though) times a year, they need some permission from government before they can make changes to it....handle with care :)
Old 09-20-2021, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Dock automation buttons can't be reassigned

Found the solution. I had to switch off the following setting in EuControl:

"Dock automation mode buttons follow attentioned channel"