Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2022, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

I'm getting similar renewal alerts on our active Ultimate perpetual license that I've owned for many years. Because I purchased our Carbon second-hand, I do not have the original bundled Pro Tools/Carbon license.

I also have a Pro Tools perpetual license that lapsed, but I purchased an "Avid Pro Tools Perpetual License Upgrade with 1-Year of Software Updates & Support Plan" last month to restore this Pro Tools program to active status.

So, I guess what I'm I'm chewing on is selling our older (but active) Ultimate perpetual license and moving to vanilla Pro Tools with our Carbon. The active Ultimate perpetual license would be bundled to sell with our HD Native PCIe / 4x192 i/o system as a package.

I just don't want to overlook anything and regret my decision.

Sorry in advance if this off-topic - I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time.
At PlethoraTone:
Mac Mini M1, Avid Carbon,
PSP, Waves Mercury, UAD, Kush, Slate Digital,
PA, Melodyne, Antares, Audioease, SoundToys
Old 01-16-2022, 05:36 PM
Avid

Kevin

Are you getting that on a license that had been extended???

If so, can you send me a PM or email w the SID & avid.com account so I can have it looked into?

m
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 01-17-2022, 03:25 AM

I see the exact same warning for "Protools Carbon" on my Avid account main page, it seems to me a warning about ending support plan for the Carbon interface itself, included with the Carbon purchase for one year, that can be extended after the first year...if it's the case the "Upgrade and Support contract is ending soon" is a bit confusing for a hardware support plan, no software involved here. Am I right?
Old 01-17-2022, 06:34 AM

Yes, I've had the same message on my account all along, before and after my PT Carbon subscription expired:
"Upgrade and Support contract is ending soon
Pro Tools Carbon System ID: (the ID of my hardware, not the expired sub license)"
More troubling is the links and codes for all the bundled 3rd party software vanished when the PT subscription expired. I had assumed this was part of the parachute license deployment issue and was still being worked on.
Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro 16GB 1TB 2021
Old 01-27-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Yes, I've had the same message on my account all along, before and after my PT Carbon subscription expired:
Pro Tools Carbon System ID: (the ID of my hardware, not the expired sub license)"
More troubling is the links and codes for all the bundled 3rd party software vanished when the PT subscription expired. I had assumed this was part of the parachute license deployment issue and was still being worked on.
Has this issue been resolved yet?

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:38 AM
Avid

No, we found additional bugs in testing before release. Hopefully next week. I'll let you guys know... but thanks for checking in.
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 01-28-2022, 08:52 AM

Default Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

It’s like avid went hybrid on the licensing as well. You renew your subscription on the parachute, and it leaves you off with a perpetual where you last left off. It’s like hopping on and off the train. The problem with the model for avid is that you can stay off the train for an extended period, and hop on when you feel the going is right. On the other hand, what needs to be done is, reinstatement would be like trading in your perpetual for a subscription. Hopefully avid gets their act together. You can’t reuse a parachute once deployed. No perpetual after the lapse. Just the option to renew like the rest of us. You have the deadline to renew as a perpetual. Wait for avid to deposit your perpetual. You have the deadline to extend your perpetual after the subscription expired. You need to open a ticket once your subscription expires. Avid probably doesn’t want an additional babysitting job. Your best bet would be to purchase a telephone support. They usually get to it right away. Pay to play. Don’t expect to sell hardware without software. Don’t focus on expired subscription plans, fix your plugs. The parachute is not automatic. You need to call in once you decide to stop your subscription. Stop wasting our resources on crap. Pay and call in once you decide on deploying your parachute. It needs to be manually deployed. No babysitting. Pay for your individual telephone support ticket just like everyone else. By the way, can I get eucon to work with carbon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by spinsong; 01-28-2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Kevin

Are you getting that on a license that had been extended???

If so, can you send me a PM or email w the SID & avid.com account so I can have it looked into?

m
Mark sorry I took so long to reply
Yes as per my screen shots .. when I open my account page I get the Red letter warning
But on my products page it shows correctly my upgrade &support plan is good through Jan 30 2023

I was an early Carbon guy purchased in late Nov or early Dec of 2020
Because at that time I had a current Update/Support for PT Ultimate until Jan 30, 2021--- I opted for the 1 year extension which made me good until Jan 30 2022
The again this last Nov I renewed my plan so I am good until Jan 30 2023
Which (as per my screen shots) shows that on my My products page for PT Ultimate
But I get the warning when I open my Account page

Just PM'ed you the info

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-28-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Both of these details have been cleared up on my account page, the ending soon message is gone and the serials for the bundled 3rd party plug-ins are listed again.
Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro 16GB 1TB 2021
Old 03-04-2022, 05:16 AM

Hi,
Isn't a text related to perpetuity supposed to appear once the license that comes with Carbon expires?

To those who have that expired license, what appears to them? (see my capture)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captura.jpg (15.6 KB, 0 views)