Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Default PT for Vista, free for existing PT7 owners?

Does anyone know?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: PT for Vista, free for existing PT7 owners?

yes, unless digi just wants their products to be paperweights for those Digi customers who have upgraded their computers with pre-installed Vista because their other computers are falling apart.

Speaking for myself of course and common sense.

002R & Mbox2 owner
Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 PM

The Shadow Knows....DIGI knows.

The rest of us are in the dark

It would depend on whether its a incremental cs update or part of a major paid upgrade.

If I had to quess I would say that it will probably be part of a paid Protools major upgrade.

Truthfully there is simply no way of knowing until DIGI posts the actual announcement.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 AM

I just installed Sound Forge 9 which works seamlessly with ANY version of Windows, including Vista.

It'll be an expensive upgrade all around I'd say (Office, Pro Tools... great free apps that won't work with Vista). I think a dual boot will be the way to go.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
yes, unless digi just wants their products to be paperweights for those Digi customers who have upgraded their computers with pre-installed Vista because their other computers are falling apart.

Speaking for myself of course and common sense.

002R & Mbox2 owner
Hey, I agree. Digi did make that very enthusiastic announcement a month or two back (or was it more like Feb '07?) followed by nothing.

I'm thinking standard upgrade price for Pro Tools ver 7.4 that will have Vista (and also maybe Leopard OS X 10.5) compatibility. If past releases are anything to go off, it should be $75 USD or so...

This is just speculation guys, nothing solid.

A fellow 002R and MBox 2 owner!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:01 AM

Actually, this is on their website:

Quote:
Digidesign is committed to providing the best customer experience with its products and the latest computer platforms. We have been working closely together with Microsoft to bring the entire Pro Tools® product line — Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools LE™, Pro Tools M-Powered™, and Pro Tools Academic — to Microsoft’s new operating system, Windows Vista, and will provide more information on the availability of compatible versions as soon as it becomes available.

Because Pro Tools software will not function with Windows Vista at this time, please wait to upgrade to Vista if you’re using Pro Tools on Windows. Stay tuned — all the power of Pro Tools paired with the benefits of Windows Vista is coming this summer.
I'm not sure if this was the same as earlier in the year, or more recent. Definitely within a couple of months... I'm gonna make the jump for sure.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 AM

Yeah, I'm making the jump too and I can't wait. I've actually become a really big fan of Vista. Can't wait to have PT LE on the Vista rig. If it's anything like the Cubase results in Vista, we're gonna see a HUGE increase in performance. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 AM

I emailed Digidesign about a week ago regarding this and haven't heard back yet (the quoted response time was around 3 days). Does it generally take this long to receive a response from Digidesign?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 AM

Well, you won't get details on that until the formal release announcement I would imagine.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Avid

Quote:
I emailed Digidesign about a week ago regarding this and haven't heard back yet (the quoted response time was around 3 days). Does it generally take this long to receive a response from Digidesign?
No - generally they're within 24-48 hours. If you did not get a response, it's almost always due to a spam filter.