Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-05-2014, 10:08 AM

Default Info on the AIR Hybrid Upgrade

With a lot of you talking about the AIR upgrade, you might be interested in this info from Pro Tools Expert and Russ Hughes on some of the great new features on Hybrid 3 which some of you have asked about. These features alone make the upgrade well worthwhile!

Old 05-05-2014, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Info on the AIR Hybrid Upgrade

Totally agree.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 05-11-2014, 03:03 AM

One little quirk worth knowing about for anyone using multiple daws .....

The Hybrid 3 installer does not currently include an audio units version for use in Logic, or a vst version for use in Cubase. It is only an AAX version. This is despite the promo ad on the AIR site saying that this IEP upgrade introduces AU and VST versions.

All the other IEP instrument do include AU and VST versions.

However ..... there is also a link provided when you purchase the upgrade to a newer Hybrid 2 installer. THAT installer installs AU and VST versions of Hybrid. If you install it after installing Hybrid 3, it does not overwrite the Hybrid 3 AAX install, it just adds Hybrid 2 AU and VST versions.

None of this is mentioned in any of the blurb on the AIR site. Initially, I ignored the Hybrid 2 installer link, assuming it was for people who had obtained the free IEP upgrade without buying Hybrid 3, but then I thought, let's just see what happens when I install it. Lo and behold, we now have Hybrid in AU and VST formats.

I've not looked carefully, so it is even possible that AIR had mistakenly called the AU/VST installer 'Hybrid 2' when it might actually also be Hybrid 3, just for those formats. It wouldn't be the first time AIR products have reported the wrong version number. But I guess not.

On a plus note for all those people who had no end of trouble last time with installer DVDs ... I took up the option to buy the $99 option of a hard drive with all the installers. It arrived promptly, well packaged, a nice slimline 500gb USB3 WD My Passport Ultra. Everything installed from there just fine. Hell, there was even enough space to copy across my previous downloaded installers in case I ever need them, along with all my PT10/11 installers, my Cubase and Wavelab installers, and all my 3rd party plugin installers, so that the drive is now a 2nd full backup of all my important installers. Nice!
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-11-2014, 06:20 AM

Well it turns out that the Hybrid 3 AU version did get installed with their installer, just to the wrong plugin folder.

Hybrid 3 AU mistakenly installs into
/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/Components

The Path should be
/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Note the hyphen (/Plug-Ins/) missing from their install path. If you move the Hybrid.component file from the incorrect to the correct directory, it comes up just fine.

My thanks to Anthony Dominello for info posted over at Pro Tools Expert for pointing me in the right direction.

I think AIR will want to fix their installer pretty quickly.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:15 AM

Now that's interesting! I hadn't spotted that.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantise View Post
Well it turns out that the Hybrid 3 AU version did get installed with their installer, just to the wrong plugin folder.

Hybrid 3 AU mistakenly installs into
/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/Components

The Path should be
/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Note the hyphen (/Plug-Ins/) missing from their install path. If you move the Hybrid.component file from the incorrect to the correct directory, it comes up just fine.

My thanks to Anthony Dominello for info posted over at Pro Tools Expert for pointing me in the right direction.

I think AIR will want to fix their installer pretty quickly.
My Hybrid.component plug-in v3.0.0 was installed correctly to:
Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

So maybe they already fixed that installer between when you downloaded it and when I did. My installer download "Hybrid-3.0.0.dmg" is dated May 7, and the installer "Hybrid.pkg" on the disk image is dated May 5.

There are 2 links in this AIR Knowledge base article where you can check for the latest downloads for your order:
Download Difficulties

Although this kbase actually was posted back with the 1st v2.0.0 AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, it still applies.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:56 AM

Quick Q: the first download link on the page which we recieved after paying is the Hybrid.pkg - What is this? And after installing Hybrid3 Do I need to point to this pkg or will Hybrid find it by itself? I haven't even installed that .pkg file and Hybrid3 works great so anyone knows what it is and where it will need to be installed?

Thanks guys
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-12-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Quick Q: the first download link on the page which we recieved after paying is the Hybrid.pkg - What is this? And after installing Hybrid3 Do I need to point to this pkg or will Hybrid find it by itself? I haven't even installed that .pkg file and Hybrid3 works great so anyone knows what it is and where it will need to be installed?

Thanks guys
Chris
This is for free upgraders not wanting 3.0 just to add VST/AU, AFAIR.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 05-12-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denka View Post
This is for free upgraders not wanting 3.0 just to add VST/AU, AFAIR.
Thanks D

Helps a lot as we didn't download that version. Called "Hybrid.pkg"

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————