Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-30-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: ANY Drum Programming program that will do....

I have had the DR-008 since it first came out in RTAS form. Man we went threw several versions that were pretty buggy but they have a release out now that is great. They gave it some new features including a sequencer patch that lets you program a drum pattern in a matter of seconds, It's pretty darn cool.

the only thing I can't figure out is how to get it running in rewire mode. I must be doing something wrong because it won't start no matter how many times I try to start the rewire app.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:13 PM

Man this re-wire thing is killing me......I downloaded the Demo and I cant get the re-wire mode to initialize

-s0nguy
Old 04-30-2004, 07:41 PM

you guys need to read this thread at FXpansion support forum

dr-008 rewire v 1.2

basically rewire in v1.2 seems to be having some trouble

rewire in v1.19 was working fine apparantly. I haven't moved to PT 6 yet so I still use the older version of dr008 (1.14) so I can't verify this personally.

the demo is 1.2 I believe?? Im not sure. this may explain the trouble with rewire in the demo.

I can tell you that there are about 6 or so 30 megabyte + kits (plus a heap of smaller ones) available for download once you buy dr008. Not as good as DKFH but still very nice - specially for $100 - like Nikki-K said.

there are also another heap of new kits coming soon (Angus hasn't had the time to upload them onto the ftp site yet)

some of the cool modules Im liking the look of in 1.2 are - the 12 channel 32 step sequencer and the DD randomiser - when triggered this module randomly triggers any other 4 pads. Good for non-robotic snares.

I don't have anything to do with fxpansion - I just like their prices and ideas.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:31 AM

Hi,
mac user here, but i think that Plogue Bidule should work as a multiple output rewire for you guys too ?

See the thread below, (just get the app from the main Plogue site, rather than the Mac thread I point to)

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...t=1&PHPSESSID=

Note in that thread Mindnoise reports Battery working well with multiple outs via Bidule into Protools.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:42 PM

I've downloaded the beta of Bidule but haven't got into it yet. I've got PT 6.4 waiting to go onto my machine but just haven't got 'round to the upgrade. Can't wait to try biduling some VSTi's into Protools.

Another cool program to check out will be Energy XT, no rewire or RTAS but Im hoping rewire gets implemented sometime.

the cool thing about Energy XT is the midi sequencer/routing - when Jorgen finishes it. If Jorgen puts Rewire into Energy XT we can do all audio in PT and Rewire in midi stuff from Energy XT.

As a work around I am planning to Host Energy XT in Bidule as a VSTi and Rewire Bidule into PT 6.4
Old 05-02-2004, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Hi,
mac user here, but i think that Plogue Bidule should work as a multiple output rewire for you guys too ?

See the thread below, (just get the app from the main Plogue site, rather than the Mac thread I point to)

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...t=1&PHPSESSID=

Note in that thread Mindnoise reports Battery working well with multiple outs via Bidule into Protools.

Im at work so I havent read the thred fully but this sounds like what i am looking for.....However, I am on Windows XP........does it work for me too!??!

_S0ng
Old 05-02-2004, 07:48 AM

Quote:
the only thing I can't figure out is how to get it running in rewire mode. I must be doing something wrong because it won't start no matter how many times I try to start the rewire app.
Hi,
Like you I have had DR008 since the first RTAS and yes it does seem to be working now. But I use Reason as it is easier to create loops. But what is the sequencer patch you talk about? I haven't seen that.
Thanks
Keith
Old 05-02-2004, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Im at work so I havent read the thred fully but this sounds like what i am looking for.....However, I am on Windows XP........does it work for me too!??! _S0ng
There are both XP and OSX versions of Plogue Bidule, so it should, i just haven't tried the XP version myself.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:12 PM

I downloaded and installed it but it isnt working...it is giving me ACCESS violations.......PITA...

Damn....can it really be THIS hard to get a drum sequencer that will work with multiple outs in PTle?

Thanks for all the hard work on the PLogue post......I send my log file to the Plogue guys so maybe I will hear something soon.

-S0nguy

Old 05-03-2004, 07:53 AM

Hope it works out ... the Plogue guys are really helpful