Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2010, 09:29 AM

Default Serious Command 8 Fader Problem!

After updating to PT8 I tried to run a Command 8 and when it is turned on the faders lock to the down position and wont move at all. I can hear the motors in the unit whiring away as if they have not received a calibration message or message to stop. Does anyone have any clue how to resolve this problem, I've tried updating the firmware and obviously power cycled it about 10 times.

Help greatly appreciated
Cheers
Dicky
Old 11-15-2010, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Serious Command 8 Fader Problem!

Anything anyone?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Serious Command 8 Fader Problem!

I had some different fader problems, duno if this will fix yours....

I unscrewed the bottom plate from the C8, unplugged the connector that links the fader to the main board and replugged it. By reseating the connection, my fader works properly now. I used a tiny flathead screwdriver to unseat the connection as it was very tight. I inserted it and gently twisted the tool to slowly pry apart the connection to avoid the force of removal by hand.

Your issue may be a totally different problem, but it's quick, easy, free and worth a shot.

Hope this helps,
Scott