Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Default Windows XP Service Pack 2 Compatibility

Digidesign Compatibility Documents Change History

December 13, 2004 Revisions Consisted of the Following:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Now Qualified With Pro Tools TDM and LE SystemsMay 12, 2005 Addition:

Windows XP SP2, Microsoft DEP and PACE InterLok Drivers Update

if you encounter unexplained blue screens, freezes or spontaneous reboots when launching Pro Tools with Windows XP Service Pack 2, please update your PACE InterLok drivers:The current InterLok drivers solve the described problems without having to disable Microsoft's DEP (Data Execution Prevention) feature introduced with Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Service Pack 2 Not Yet Qualified With Pro Tool

Anyone with a processor supporting the NX bit or DEP hacker/virus protection feature (all Athlon 64 processors and very new Intel chips) having problems with Windows XP SP2, here's a fix that worked for me: turn off the protection. I have a Digi 001, and every time I launched ProTools LE, (I tried several versions but am currently using 6.4), the computer rebooted itself and on power up informed me that there was a problem with the Digi device driver. I turned off the protection following the steps on Microsoft's webpage and voila! it worked. Hopefully Digidesign will come out with a new driver soon to fix this problem, but until then, check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;878474

The main problem seems to be that digidesign's driver behaves like certian buffer-overrun exploits by trying to execute code that it has written during runtime.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Administrator

If you have a Digi 002 or Digi 002 Rack and have already installed Windows SP2, you need to download Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9, which includes the following:

Fixed: Opening a Session on a Digi 002 on a Windows XP SP2 System Results in a Blue Screen (Item #54466)

We are making this fix available to our Digi 002 and 002 Rack customers who wish to use SP2 prior to completion of Digidesign’s qualification of this new OS version. While we do not anticipate problems, we have not completed our in-depth testing of SP2 with Pro Tools, so it is not officially qualified or listed as such on our compatibility documents at this time.

Note: Official qualification was announced on December 13, 2004. See first post in this thread.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:01 AM

Hello,

My configuration with SP1 + Cs9 is very stable no problem. I've tryed SP2 + CS9 and i have the same blue screen than SP2 + Cs7, i've returned to SP1 + Cs9 who ist very stable like SP1 + Cs7.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:48 AM

Quote:
My configuration with SP1 + Cs9 is very stable no problem. I've tryed SP2 + CS9 and i have the same blue screen than SP2 + Cs7, i've returned to SP1 + Cs9 who ist very stable like SP1 + Cs7.
I`m experiencing the same problems with my notebook emachines 6810.
Cs7 seems more stable, i`m experiencing some strange behaviour with Cs9 even with service pack 1

EDurney

Pro Tools 9 HD / 192io / C24
Mac Pro Quad 2.66 / 8Gb Ram
Old 10-18-2004, 05:53 PM

I just had to reinstalled windows xp and when I got it all set up I could not load my external HD. I looked on western digital's website and it said that I needed to install the SP2 for the usb2.0 to work, which is weird because I have been running SP1 since I had my laptop. So I installed SP2 and I got my HD to work, great! Now I try to pull up a pro tools file, PT launchs up fine but when I select a file I get the blue screen and then the laptop reboots it self. I intalled the new CS9, but still no luck. I have some work I really need to do with it, but now its broke. If I go back to SP1 my HD will not work so I can't pull up any files. HELP!!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:46 PM

I just had the exact same problem. I guess it's good to know I'm not alone.

I need a mac.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Avid

Hi,

How many of you are using AMD 64 based systems? And what kinds of symptoms are you seeing.

Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 10-20-2004, 02:04 PM

I got precisely the same problem as fixdrummer had. Windows kept prompting me to update to Service Pack 2. Once it was installed I ran Pro Tools. Pro Tools loaded fine. Then I went to open a song. As soon as I double clicked the file, I got a blue screen and the machine restarted. I am running a P4 2.8ghz Laptop. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2004, 05:20 PM

So when are they going to get this patch completed? Next year ???