Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Default Good Wireless Computer Keyboard (and/or)mouse for Protools

Can anyone reccomend a great wireless keyboard or better yet a keyboard and mouse combo thats good to go with pt ? I had a wireless logitech mouse, and it was alright (sometimes I had click twice), and I'm looking for something that either doesnt run on batteries, or doesnt suck the power out of them quickly.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Good Wireless Computer Keyboard (and/or)mouse for Protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilLewis01 View Post
Can anyone reccomend a great wireless keyboard or better yet a keyboard and mouse combo thats good to go with pt ? I had a wireless logitech mouse, and it was alright (sometimes I had click twice), and I'm looking for something that either doesnt run on batteries, or doesnt suck the power out of them quickly.
Well i dont know of any wireless that dont run on batteries. I use a Frisby keyboard mouse combo. Its not bad, i put the Pro Tools stickers on it. Had the same battery in the keyboard for over a year. Anything will work, ebay has lots of good prices. I will say look for a Laser mouse, they are much much MUCH better than optical.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 AM

Do you have a preference for pointing devices - Touchpad vs trackball?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:21 AM

I use logitech's trackball and also have kennsingtons 4 button track ball, both hooked up at the same time. I use one for pro tools and one for reason as I use 4 monitors (one just for reason)....the keyboards are on the other side of the room so 2 mouses (mice) helps a bit.
If you haven't tried a trakball maybe its time, it REALLY helped out my arthritis/carpel tunnel and its much easier to get around.
I use an old keyboard I got with a carrilon audio computer 3 boxes ago....it has stickers they put on many years ago and none have come off, just rubbed down allot, its gotta be5 years old or older but works like a charm.
Having the shortcuts on your keyboard will help your workflow

I know this is about wireless but sorta related