Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-01-2022, 05:54 PM
Eric Lambert's Avatar
Eric Lambert Eric Lambert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,811
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
I thought they explained from their website. It's similar to Source-Nexus, but there's a free version and a paid version that's much less than Source-Nexus. All three are virtual routing solutions. Sorry if it doesn't work for you.
Are you referring to Room, or Caster?

With Aux IOs, I don't need any other app to replace Nexus, I just need to have the routing established in IO setup and with proper tracks in the session.

So I guess I'm asking: how does Room or Caster improve on what's currently happening with ProTools alone? If it brings some benefit I'd be happy to give it another shot -- I'm all about streamlining and simplifying where possible.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-02-2022, 08:38 AM
K Roche's Avatar
K Roche K Roche is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wilds of Wyoming
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

I agree with Eric (if I am reading the release notes correctly) It appears that
(at least for the things I do,,, like participate in a virtual open mic via Zoom) that the new Aux I/O feature will eliminate the need to run an additional piece of 3 rd party software to stream Zoom through PT ???
__________________
System :
Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2022.10 .....Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen processor,,128GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory,,2TB SSD storage,,Radeon Pro 5700 XT with 16GB of GDDR6 memory,, on Monterey 12.5.1

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-02-2022, 08:44 AM
its2loud its2loud is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,212
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Are you referring to Room, or Caster?

With Aux IOs, I don't need any other app to replace Nexus, I just need to have the routing established in IO setup and with proper tracks in the session.

So I guess I'm asking: how does Room or Caster improve on what's currently happening with ProTools alone? If it brings some benefit I'd be happy to give it another shot -- I'm all about streamlining and simplifying where possible.
I use Room to control monitoring levels for EarPods and other speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-02-2022, 08:46 AM
its2loud its2loud is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,212
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I agree with Eric (if I am reading the release notes correctly) It appears that
(at least for the things I do,,, like participate in a virtual open mic via Zoom) that the new Aux I/O feature will eliminate the need to run an additional piece of 3 rd party software to stream Zoom through PT ???
Correct, Aux IO will allow you to do this. Keep in mind you need two Aux IO paths. 1 for Zoom In and 1 for Zoom Out.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-02-2022, 08:54 AM
K Roche's Avatar
K Roche K Roche is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wilds of Wyoming
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Correct, Aux IO will allow you to do this. Keep in mind you need two Aux IO paths. 1 for Zoom In and 1 for Zoom Out.
OK thanks sounds like the ticket
__________________
System :
Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2022.10 .....Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen processor,,128GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory,,2TB SSD storage,,Radeon Pro 5700 XT with 16GB of GDDR6 memory,, on Monterey 12.5.1

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-03-2022, 09:14 PM
BobbyDazzler's Avatar
BobbyDazzler BobbyDazzler is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,068
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
For $299
Source Nexus actually had an upgrade sale just before the latest PT release. I guess they got wind of the Core Aux functionality.
I pulled the trigger on Nexus and it is very good! Every audio device on the PC is an I/O from an insert, no setups or matrix routing required.
And sorry to turn this into a PC/Mac debate, I was venting after once again struggling with the install/uninstall
__________________
HP Z2 Xeon 6 Core, Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D Win10, PT ver.. Latest
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-08-2022, 06:01 PM
massivekerry massivekerry is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 377
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

I finally set up Aux I/O to route from (Non-Lethal) Video Sync (my video + VO, SFX channels) into an Aux in Pro Tools Ultimate (previously accomplished with a SPDIF cable), and it works! in Mojave! with a 2009 (flashed 5,1) Mac Pro! I have to say, I have been thoroughly impressed with this update. Melodyne is actually usable now. If the next update fixes the "Saving ARA Data" bug, and the fixes the "select in MIDI Editor" problem the rest of the way (it's 90% better, but not totally fixed) I will be really really happy!
__________________
Kerry Smith
http://apothekerry.com

12-core 3.46GHz Cheese Grater, 64GB RAM, HD | Native, HD I/O
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-08-2022, 06:43 PM
gives's Avatar
gives gives is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,535
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I'm typically early to the pitchforks when it comes time to dousing shame onto Avid for bugs and other things, but credit is due for today's release of 2022.9. Aux IOs are jaw-droppingly handy (negating the need for the ridiculously-priced Source-Nexus), Melodyne implementation is super slick, PT itself has been stable all day (knock on wood), and I'm able to get Logic to play well with my HDX hardware. Not to jinx anything, but everything seems to be working and there's not been a time before today -- ever -- when I could have said that. Even when PT was stable, something else would be awry, and of course we've never had access to coreaudio while using HDX hardware. What a refreshing feeling.

Bravo to the team!
Nice Eric! I have to figure this out soon. Looks pretty cool. I have been busy here until about a day ago. G
__________________
Composer/Sound Designer/ Protools 2022.10 Ultimate, Avid MTRX. DADMAN MOM Monitoring, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™ Network Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra, 128 RAM/4TB SSD, OSX Monterey 12.6.1, Digital Perf 11.2.1, Logic Pro X 10.7.5 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-08-2022, 06:47 PM
gives's Avatar
gives gives is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,535
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
I finally set up Aux I/O to route from (Non-Lethal) Video Sync (my video + VO, SFX channels) into an Aux in Pro Tools Ultimate (previously accomplished with a SPDIF cable), and it works! in Mojave! with a 2009 (flashed 5,1) Mac Pro! I have to say, I have been thoroughly impressed with this update. Melodyne is actually usable now. If the next update fixes the "Saving ARA Data" bug, and the fixes the "select in MIDI Editor" problem the rest of the way (it's 90% better, but not totally fixed) I will be really really happy!
Again everyone who has chimed in, thanks for the updates about this as I have not had a moment to mess with this. Still need to get my mind around it a bit more in the setup, but it looks simple enough. I had Dolby in for a couple of days doing an Atmos demo in my studio here and they had not even messed with it yet or at least their engineer had not. So I did not feel bad that I was in the fog..lol
Just need to get into it next week as I am off for a much needed break.
g
G
__________________
Composer/Sound Designer/ Protools 2022.10 Ultimate, Avid MTRX. DADMAN MOM Monitoring, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™ Network Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra, 128 RAM/4TB SSD, OSX Monterey 12.6.1, Digital Perf 11.2.1, Logic Pro X 10.7.5 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Eric Lambert's Avatar
Eric Lambert Eric Lambert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,811
Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
I had Dolby in for a couple of days doing an Atmos demo in my studio here and they had not even messed with it yet or at least their engineer had not.
I have to say that I'm amazed by that. One of the prime beneficiaries of Aux IOs is Dolby and their technology.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avid Link says PT 2022.9 is on the way huzzam Pro Tools 77 09-29-2022 07:42 PM
Avid S3 Still A Good Buy Tail End of 2022? Chevron Pro Tools 10 09-19-2022 04:18 PM
2022.7 with Avid Pre protocol ChrisMac Pro Tools 4 08-01-2022 05:31 PM
Pro Tools 2022.6 with Avid Control 2022.4 stargazer Pro Tools 2 07-01-2022 08:32 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com