Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2001, 04:03 AM

Default Trouble bouncing to disk, please help

I am using a Mac with Mix plus, 5.1.1 and am having a hard time bouncing mixes to disk. I am recieving an error message type 2, and am instructed to save my work and restart the computer. Now I have tried increasing the memory to Pro Tools but it does not seem to help. The problem is also random. Some bounces work, others do not. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Lance
Old 11-04-2001, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Trouble bouncing to disk, please help

Hey Lance - You may have tried all this, but… To clear the CPU's brain, throw away Digisetup & DAE prefs (NOT DAE folder!!), then restart. You'll have to re-select your hardware setup (it'll prompt you at PT launch) and PT will take a moment to re-learn your installed plug-ins on first PT launch. ALSO, increase memory allocation to DAE, because more plug-ins require more DAE horsepower.

Then: 1. Make sure DAE buffer is set to "2"; 2. Close all plug-in windows before bouncing; 3. Select "convert AFTER bounce" (not during) ; 4. If possible, bounce to a different drive than the startup drive OR the drive the session is on. Good luck.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 11-04-2001, 10:10 AM

Before you trash preferences etc. I suggest you search this forum for "bounce" in the last 10 days : there has been some threads that might relate to your case.
Mark
Old 11-06-2001, 04:42 AM

Have you got a power mac i.e. 9600 with a g3/4 upgrade card. I had the same problems a few months back and eventually tracked it down to a Newer tech g4 card. Every thing else in PT worked but bounce to disk was hopless. Put back the original Apple 350 card in a 9600 and now all is well ,(apart from having to make the tea while it boots up....slowly)
Other problem could be your card slot order...

Ray P
Old 11-07-2001, 05:37 PM

Another thing is, what SCSI card are you using? I've had this problem with Adeptec cards and after switching to Atto (Digi reccomended) it worked fine. Good luck!!