Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Default Black mod, just wondering

Hi Dan--
What sort of white paper are you looking for? Are you looking for specs or an actual white paper that covers theory and practice? Some of the things we do we don't divulge due to certain non-disclosure agreements we have with a large pro audio company. Some of it is proprietary information that was recently patented, so we have to protect it carefully from competitors. But I'm happy to share any specs or general theory you might be interested in knowing about, probably to the point that it will make your head spin.

I find it hard to believe that most people on the DUC say our work is worthless, especially since we've modified 002's and 003's for so many people who hang out on there. I would guess that it's probably a handful of armchair 'experts' who have no real experience with us as a company. I would urge you to talk to our customers, people who actually have had work done by us. There is a reason we are booked two months in advance and get lots of repeat business.

Given the fact that, as I write this, we're finishing up the converters for Mutt Lange's upcoming project with Maroon 5 and that we are currently modifying a 003 for the Jay Z and Ciara tour this summer, I'd say we have more than a little bit of credibility as a company. We have a pretty long list of impressive (and very picky) clientele; The Los Angeles Opera, Dr. Fred Bashour (writes for Pro Audio Review), Grammy winning engineer Harry Brotman, Sony Scoring, Bogner Amplification, and quite a few others. We just finished modifying a 002 which will be used for tracking all the drums on the current Rod Stewart record. This afternoon, we will be entertaining Steve Winwood and his touring manager here in our shop. In a few weeks, we will be modifying an 003 for multi-platinum songwriter Desmond Child.

You don't get clients like this by making stuff up and trying to scam people. These are people that have worked on very expensive equipment and know what's good. As a company, we've gotten customers like this by working hard and delivering results. And we've done this all mostly by word of mouth, since we have no real advertising budget.

It's true that our modification voids the Digidesign warranty, which is why we extend a two year warranty on all units we modify. The modification does not void Digidesign technical support.

Feel free to share this with these 'experts' on DUC.

Matt

MY QUESTION IS, IF THEY HAVE BIG NAMES ACTUALLY MODING THEIR 003'S, I WOULD IMAGINE THEY HAVE THE RESOURCES TO BUY ANY HIGH END CONVERTORS, LIKE A ROSETTA, OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?, REALLY INTERESTED IN MODING MY UNIT, BUT I'M LEARY AS TO WHY THESE BIG ARTIST WOULD BE OWNING 003'S, ANY HELP IN MAKING MY CHOICE.