Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 04:29 AM

Default DIO 24/96 RME 96/8 or LOGIC?

Hello all,

First THANK YOU for being on this board. I am rolling right along b/c of ALL YOU GUYS !!!

Here is my problem...

My MOMMY is getting me an x mas present. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have about 300 bucks to spend.

(wheres the prob, right?)

I like to use REASON. A LOT. I can keep my idea flowing b/c it is so user friendly. Of course you all know this.

BUT I want to be able to use it with PTLE.
The ability to take my project to someone with a TDM for some good plug ins and of course the overall sound Quality... is Priceless.

Getting to the point...

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (Damn left handed cigs...)

Since Digi will never support ReWire (even though KOBLO does !!!) I have decided to try a work around. The old (well not that old) lightpipe from Reason to 8 tracks of PTLE.

OR should I just get the plain vanilla LOGIC and run it with my 001???

And if I do decide to get an optical card, I cant't get a 96/8 PST for 300 bucks, right? so I noticed that M audio (here come the snickers and nay sayers...) makes the DIO 24/96 card. (they also make a 24/48 PERFECT for PTLE but not available for mac. I can probably get that for under 200 bucks (my friend works somewhere that sells M audio) The card should work, it is an ASIO card and they recently teamed up with P heads.

Any advice? Remember I am new to PTLE anyway, so getting Logic wouldn't be like starting over, and as long as I can plug my S.P. C1 into the digi 001 and record stuff I will be satisfied.

I gotta tell Mi Madre ASAP. She needs time to get my choice to Santa.....

Thanks Guys

I wish DIGI would just FREAKIN hook us up with some G da*n support for Rewire...

And knowing my luck they will announce it the day after I make my decision. Isn't this stuff FUN [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oh Yeah HOUSE MUSIC is my thing...
Old 12-06-2001, 04:40 AM

Default Re: DIO 24/96 RME 96/8 or LOGIC?

Whoops. Just realized the M audio cards are only gonna give me 2 channels... Looking like Logic for me...[/LIST]
Old 12-06-2001, 08:34 AM

Default Re: DIO 24/96 RME 96/8 or LOGIC?

you can get the RME card for $315 (no tax unless you're in FL) from audiocomputing.com

call boris there, too -- he's very helpful.

t.