Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-30-2022, 11:40 AM

Default Strange Avid Dock behaviour: jog/shuttle buttons

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help with this problem. I’ve started a support case, but it’s yet to be answered and I thought someone else might have experienced something similar.

The problem is that when I press the jog or shuttle buttons on the right of the dock, the light doesn’t come on and the wheel won’t jog or shuttle. Instead, the buttons alternate selecting the scrubber and grabber in the toolbar, but the wheel does nothing.

When I press the vertical zoom button, the light illuminates, but the wheel will not zoom vertically. It works fine horizontally. I have updated the Eucontrol software and ensured the dock firmware is up to date.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on? I’m new to Pro Tools, having previously used Studio One so I may well just be really clueless and this could well be user error.

If someone has any light to shed on this problem I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2022, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Strange Avid Dock behaviour: jog/shuttle buttons

That's not right. You may have a weird or corrupt user set. I don't remember all the steps, but if you trash (or move to a safe location) everything in this folder:

(boot drive)/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/UserSets/MC2User/MC_USER_SET__Root/Pro Tools 22Mac.xml

And then uninstall Eucon and reinstall, you should have a fresh default set of controls.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:02 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ve carried out the steps you suggested and it worked great. So far, it’s doing exactly what it should and now hopefully I can attempt to get on with transitioning to Pro Tools properly.

Really appreciate your time - I got up at six this morning to get on with trying to finger out what was going wrong so your reply was gratefully received.

Richard
Old 04-06-2023, 09:20 AM

At long last I might have solved my own problem here - in case anyone else has this same malfunction. I found that when I was using Cubase there was erratic behaviour just when trying to uae the jog/shuttle wheel. I traced this to having two Eucon commands assigned to the jog button on the dock - when I got rid of the stray command, just leaving the wheel - jog command, Cubase bahaved.

I was still having problems with Pro Tools - whenever I tried to use jog or shuttle, the whole programme would hang. I deleted the jog and shuttle commands in the Eucontrol app, expecting jog and shuttle no longer to function. As it is, they still do - even though EuControl reports these keys as being unassigned, jog and shuttle still operate, but my problems have disappeared.

At last.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowworm View Post
At long last I might have solved my own problem here - in case anyone else has this same malfunction. I found that when I was using Cubase there was erratic behaviour just when trying to uae the jog/shuttle wheel. I traced this to having two Eucon commands assigned to the jog button on the dock - when I got rid of the stray command, just leaving the wheel - jog command, Cubase bahaved.

I was still having problems with Pro Tools - whenever I tried to use jog or shuttle, the whole programme would hang. I deleted the jog and shuttle commands in the Eucontrol app, expecting jog and shuttle no longer to function. As it is, they still do - even though EuControl reports these keys as being unassigned, jog and shuttle still operate, but my problems have disappeared.

At last.
This is because hey always revert back to default if nothing is on there. When 23.6 comes out try again as I think this is fixed in that release (June 2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 01:34 AM

Thanks for adding to this thread....I was a little premature in hailing my own solution - the fix lasted until I quite Pro Tools and then restarted it.

Do you know any more about this? When you say you think it's fixed - are you talking about a specific problem? I did contact support about this but they gave me some generic waffle about clearing the preferences and reinstalling Eucontrol, which did not work.

Is there a documented bug about this?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up about this. Guess I might be waiting for June then.