Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2022, 06:23 PM

Default Re: WTB pro tools hd 12.5 with license

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Please bear in mind what Dave already told you about Pro Tools 12.5 HD and upwards:

Quotes:
Originally Posted by albee1952

"If you are trying to use Pro Tools 9HD on Windows 10, this is not a supported combination. Windows 10 requires Pro Tools 12.5 minimum (and above, you would also need a separate digilink license on your iLok)."

"HD/Native and 192 should be fine on Windows 10. I ran it 2 years ago and it was a really nice rig on a used HP Z820(12 core) with the HDN card connected to a pair of HD IO and a pair of 192 IO. No issues at all tracking 6 piece bands, even with 6 stereo HP mixes done in the sessions with sends. That system is still in use today."

There may be a workaround for using Reason, if you first uninstall Pro Tools 9 HD:
HD Accel Stand-Alone Drivers for Systems Without Pro Tools
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...411?popup=true
These drivers are intended for use with Pro Tools|HD Accel hardware on systems where Pro Tools HD software is not installed. If you have already installed Pro Tools HD, you should not run this installer. The correct HD drivers are included as part of the Pro Tools HD software installation (Pro Tools HD 10.3.5 and earlier).
Pro Tools HD Driver 10 for Windows [104 MB]
For Windows 7
For HD Accel (TDM) and HD Native systems without Pro Tools

I wrote “may be a workaround” – because I don’t know if the above Driver for Windows 7 will work in Windows 10.

Yes i see its only for windows 7 don't know if its working for windows 10 , not sure ,don't know what to do

Perhaps Create a new Case, mentioning your previous Case Number 01941334, telling Avid you’ve only recently linked your Avid and iLok Accounts. Ask if Avid will add PT HD9 to your Avid account, so you can use a Reinstatement with your HD9 license, to get to HD12.5 or upwards.
No point paying for a Reinstatement if Avid won’t let you use it!
Old 02-07-2022, 06:32 PM

+ don't have access to these drivers and i see only windows 7 humm i am on windows 10 ( its 64 bits) don't know if it would work?
Old 02-10-2022, 07:38 PM

what can i do ?
thks
Old 02-10-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
... As I don’t know if the (previously mentioned) HD Accel Stand-Alone Driver for Systems Without Pro Tools (HD9) for Windows 7 will work in Windows 10 (for Reason without Pro Tools), your most sensible solution seems to be:

Create a new Case, mentioning your previous Case Number 01941334, telling Avid you’ve only recently linked your Avid and iLok Accounts.
Ask if Avid will add your PT HD9 to your Avid account, so you can use a Reinstatement with your HD9 license, to get to HD12.5 or upwards...
If this fails, please post again.

If this succeeds, good luck!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-14-2022, 08:12 PM

hello unkje you have this avid driver : HD Accel Stand-Alone Driver for Systems Without Pro Tools (HD9) for Windows 7 ?

a new case on my avid account or here ?
cause i can't create a new case on my avid account ( i mean its not free )
Old 02-15-2022, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart07 View Post
hello unkje you have this avid driver : HD Accel Stand-Alone Driver for Systems Without Pro Tools (HD9) for Windows 7 ?
AVID Knowledge Base - Drivers for Avid Audio Hardware

Click on the blue arrow next to:
Pro Tools HD Interface and Device Drivers

Scroll down to the 2nd sub-heading:

“These drivers are intended for use with Pro Tools|HD Accel hardware on systems where Pro Tools HD software is not installed. If you have already installed Pro Tools HD, you should not run this installer. The correct HD drivers are included as part of the Pro Tools HD software installation (Pro Tools HD 10.3.5 and earlier).

For Windows 7

There may or may not be a workaround for using Reason, because I doubt if the Windows 7 Driver will work in Windows 10.
If you still want to test it, you’d have to first uninstall Pro Tools 9 HD.

Quote:
a new case on my avid account or here ?
cause i can't create a new case on my avid account ( i mean its not free )
“Creating a Case” with Avid Support is only free if you have an Active Perpetual Software Updates + Support Plan, which you don’t have.
You’ve recently linked your iLok account with your Avid Master Account, (so check it again), but if there’s still no HD9 Bundle showing in your Avid Master Account, (even though you said your 192 Hardware has been transferred), it might be because your HD9 Bundle is listed in iLok License Manager as “No Transfer”.

So, “Creating a Case” might mean paying Avid money and still not having your HD9 Bundle in your Avid Master Account, even though it’s in your iLok Account.

If Avid do transfer your HD9 Bundle to your Avid Master Account, you’d need to buy a $499 Reinstatement https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-expired-plan
to get PT12.5 HD and/or higher for Windows 10, but please bear in mind what Dave already told you about Pro Tools 12.5 HD and upwards:

Quotes:

"If you are trying to use Pro Tools 9HD on Windows 10, this is not a supported combination. Windows 10 requires Pro Tools 12.5 minimum (and above, you would also need a separate digilink license on your iLok)."

"HD/Native and 192 should be fine on Windows 10. I ran it 2 years ago and it was a really nice rig on a used HP Z820(12 core) with the HDN card connected to a pair of HD IO and a pair of 192 IO. No issues at all tracking 6 piece bands, even with 6 stereo HP mixes done in the sessions with sends. That system is still in use today."

Accessing Software Installers on the Avid Download Center
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ownload-Center

If money’s tight, you could contact Microsoft to see if it’s still possible to roll back to Windows 7, so you can use PT9HD and Reason.

Good luck!

If any passing miracle-makers read this, the OP’s original 2012 Case Number: 01941334, "the name of the man avid tech is Mr Tristan Mazire he is french apparently cause i send to him my hd native card to update the firmware"
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-15-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
AVID Knowledge Base - Drivers for Avid Audio Hardware

Click on the blue arrow next to:
Pro Tools HD Interface and Device Drivers

Scroll down to the 2nd sub-heading:

“These drivers are intended for use with Pro Tools|HD Accel hardware on systems where Pro Tools HD software is not installed. If you have already installed Pro Tools HD, you should not run this installer. The correct HD drivers are included as part of the Pro Tools HD software installation (Pro Tools HD 10.3.5 and earlier).

For Windows 7

There may or may not be a workaround for using Reason, because I doubt if the Windows 7 Driver will work in Windows 10.
If you still want to test it, you’d have to first uninstall Pro Tools 9 HD.

“Creating a Case” with Avid Support is only free if you have an Active Perpetual Software Updates + Support Plan, which you don’t have.
You’ve recently linked your iLok account with your Avid Master Account, (so check it again), but if there’s still no HD9 Bundle showing in your Avid Master Account, (even though you said your 192 Hardware has been transferred), it might be because your HD9 Bundle is listed in iLok License Manager as “No Transfer”.

So, “Creating a Case” might mean paying Avid money and still not having your HD9 Bundle in your Avid Master Account, even though it’s in your iLok Account.

If Avid do transfer your HD9 Bundle to your Avid Master Account, you’d need to buy a $499 Reinstatement https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-expired-plan
to get PT12.5 HD and/or higher for Windows 10, but please bear in mind what Dave already told you about Pro Tools 12.5 HD and upwards:

Quotes:

i don't have PTHD9 installed on my windows cause i know its not supported

ok fine but why my system is not working ? i got HDN + digi 192 analog + windows 10 and can't run a third audio party cause i see onlt asio avid driver red cross checked and before under windows 7 i saw digidesign hdn in audio set up in my third audio party and on y windows audio set up. On my audio windows set up i see only onboard audio soundcard showing

Accessing Software Installers on the Avid Download Center
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ownload-Center

If money’s tight, you could contact Microsoft to see if it’s still possible to roll back to Windows 7, so you can use PT9HD and Reason.

Good luck!

If any passing miracle-makers read this, the OP’s original 2012 Case Number: 01941334, "the name of the man avid tech is Mr Tristan Mazire he is french apparently cause i send to him my hd native card to update the firmware"
Old 02-15-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
why my system is not working ? i got HDN + digi 192 analog + windows 10 and can't run a third audio party cause i see onlt asio avid driver red cross checked and before under windows 7 i saw digidesign hdn in audio set up in my third audio party and on y windows audio set up. On my audio windows set up i see only onboard audio soundcard showing
Possibly because you don't have Pro Tools and/or the correct Driver installed on Windows 10.
(I'll PM our expert albee1952 to see if this is correct)

When you had Windows 7 installed, you also had Pro Tools 9.0.6 (with its included Driver) installed.

Last edited by unkJE; 02-15-2022 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added: When you had Windows 7 installed, you also had Pro Tools 9.0.6 (with its included Driver) installed.
Old 02-16-2022, 02:55 PM

Okay, this thread is getting really long and confusing so let me see if maybe I can put some clarity on it(great info is present, but its getting clouded by confusion and conjecture, and I am as much to blame as anyone). If you really want to run the HDN card and 192, you're probably going to need to upgrade to a newer version of Pro Tools HD(or Ultimate) as it appears that the HD driver, by itself, is not going to allow the Avid hardware to work with Reason. It has always been my feeling that Avid(Digidesign) hardware is excellent for use with Pro Tools, but NOT with other programs(like Reason, FL Studio, etc). If you really only wish to run Reason, I would simply grab any affordable 2 channel USB interface and remove the HDN card and 192 from the picture(you can sell them while they have decent value, or put them on a shelf until some future date when you can afford to buy Pro Tools)

Keep in mind that buying PT 12.5HD software(with the Transfer of Ownership) is going to cost upwards of $1000, and unkJE's suggestion of a re-instatement plan is another good option, though not the cheapest. A modest USB interface is going to be between $150 and $300(so if you don't want/need to actually use Pro Tools, getting a USB interface seems a "no brainer" to me).

I realize this is not the answer we all hoped for, but at some point, I think it best to accept that we have hit a wall on making this work. Moving to a new interface WILL make things work, cost less money and allow the OP to start making the music he wants to make

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-16-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Possibly because you don't have Pro Tools and/or the correct Driver installed on Windows 10.
(I'll PM our expert albee1952 to see if this is correct)

When you had Windows 7 installed, you also had Pro Tools 9.0.6 (with its included Driver) installed.
when I had windows 7 first time I had pthd9 installed and when I re installed windows 7 cause re format or others I just put my HD native with digi 192i/o but not necessary pthd9 installed.