Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-15-2022, 03:08 PM

Default Re: OSX vs Pro Tools vs License version hell

You just going to keep asking the same question here?

We cannot tell you what license you have. Presumably you know where you got it and are not saying for whatever reason.

For the third time call a sales rep at a good reseller. There is unlikely anybody at Avid sales/support who will talk to you over the phone for this. Avid heavily relies on resellers to provide sales help. Start with Vintage King. Your best outcome is buying a support plan reinstatement for several hundred dollars (and that’s assuming you have Pro Tools Standard not Ultimate, and your license is indeed upgradeable) so you might as well talk to a sales rep.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:17 PM

Default Re: OSX vs Pro Tools vs License version hell

If you want to contact support about DMG downloads (since you don’t have an active support plan) I expect you would need to purchase an ASC, or do what BScout suggested and try unpacking on an older version of OS X.

A reminder DUC is not Avid support. If you really need/want to contact support you should open a case there, which you may need to purchase an ASC for.

And the external links for support about licensing is the second link here: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support It can take you on a roundabout journey ending back at the same thing again. But if you are careful you can get to the "submit a question" and provide additional info... that can open a support incident for licensing questions. But I have a bad idea that is not available to you if you don't have a current support plan. I mean it beggars belief they can't throw those enquiries into a queue and have a sales focused person pull out the sales help questions and ignore/cancel the others if needed.

The way to bypass that if needed is to purchase an ASC (Avid Support Code) and file a normal technical support case, (first link on that page) which is pretty offensive to talk to somebody who really should be a sales rep. And within your Avid account the "talk to support" link is broken (at least it is for me) and ends up with a 404, but you also likely don't have a support plan so would need to buy an ASC there. Getting to Avid support is so f***** up it's unbelievable. Whoever runs that organization has to be an incompetent utterly useless clown, how long do you live with web links all over the place broken, circular flow loops, and people trying to work out what they need to purchase going around in circles like this. But I'll have money on betting they have engineered things so their call stats, backlogs, response times, cost per incident, and NPS *look great*. If so then the person they work for is the idiot. HENCE AGAIN WHY I STARTED WITH SUGGESTING YOU CALL A SALES REP AT VINTAGE KING.

Or maybe Jeffro or others can help out. Does your Avid.com account use the same email address as you are using on DUC? (So people can find your account…)

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-15-2022 at 03:58 PM.