Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-29-2022, 07:29 PM

Default Pro Tools Studio won't run on my Mac Studio

I just got a Mac Studio today; I got Sibelius running, and my interface is working fine, but Pro Tools Studio won't launch.

If I remove my iLok, I get the ACTIVATE dialogs, but if I leave it plugged in, Pro Tools never launches, instead getting hung up and I have to force-quit.

Any thoughts on what this might be? I tried removing all the plugins, but that didn't make any difference.

Thanks for any help; I'm stumped.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio won't run on my Mac Studio

SOLVED!

I had this problem a few years ago on my Mac Pro trashcan--nothing to do with either that Mac or this new Mac Studio:

TOO MANY PERIPHERALS.

I have a USB hub, and another Thunderbolt hub; I have a couple of printers, some external drives...

When I stripped the Mac down to its bare essentials, Pro Tools started up perfectly. All good.
Old 04-30-2022, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio won't run on my Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by longterm View Post
SOLVED!

I had this problem a few years ago on my Mac Pro trashcan--nothing to do with either that Mac or this new Mac Studio:

TOO MANY PERIPHERALS.

I have a USB hub, and another Thunderbolt hub; I have a couple of printers, some external drives...

When I stripped the Mac down to its bare essentials, Pro Tools started up perfectly. All good.
You should be able to have those peripherals connected and also have PT working. Sometimes it's that very first instance of opening PT that's the issue, and once you get it open the first time it works fine after. I wonder if now that you've opened it, you could plug everything back in and not have any issues.

Out of curiosity, are you using an extension USB cable for your keyboard/mouse?