Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-23-2022, 03:11 PM

Default Project sync task not completing

MacOS Monterey 12.3.1
MacBook Pro M1 Max
Pro Tools 2021.12.0

I copied a session to a new Project, started collaboration and invited a colleague. The task manager window shows to tasks. One "posting meter" is uploading and the other is pending. The progress bar is all black (no progress). I have good internet service.

It has been at this stage for over an hour. I can leave it running but it ought to complete more quickly than this. Is this fault I should report to the support group?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 3.07.22 PM.jpg (12.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2022, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Project sync task not completing

I would file a support incident if you cannot afford to lose that work.

You are really brave trying to use online projects, that stuff is flakey at best. I'm not sure many folks use it. Sharing sessions (not projects) via a file share where you upload the entire contents to online/cloud storage (e.g., in a single large gzip file) and the other user downloads that and runs locally is the reliable path many folks seem to use. Yes no actual online sharing/online collaboration. Your choice between beating your head against the wall (and potentially losing work) and a workflow known to be reliable. ... or at least maybe ask around who is using this successfully.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:57 AM

I submitted a support request. I see that there is a lot of criticism of the collaboration tools in the forums. Collaboration automation is such an appealing feature that it is hard for me to give up on the idea.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:50 AM

Wasting time and potentially losing work is such an unappealing idea it is hard for me to get excited about this feature. The *idea* is interesting, but we don't run ideas.

The other concern to me besides users reporting so many problems over the years is the lack of people talking about successfully using this. Folks here have asked in the past... none or very few replies.