How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2021, 02:19 PM

Default Task Manager Error

Hello Team Avid,

Good evening, How are you? Hope all is well and that you're all enjoying this Memorial Day. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pro Tools, but for some reason, I continue to see this error pop up on the task manager dialogue.

Name: "InvokeDummy_ShallowTaskFinished"

Statues: "Assertion in"/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2021/r1/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 147. (Use the copy button to copy this message to the clipboard).

Does anyone have any clue as to how I can get start my sessions without this error? I'm able to conduct sessions as usual but it's just annoying that I have to right click and select "cancel track" then close it myself every single time. I attached a copy of the error for you guys to see it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 5.17.42 PM.jpg (49.5 KB, 0 views)

Rey
https://r-e-y.com/

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
iMac (Retina 5K. 27-Inch, 2020)
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
3.6 GHz Dual-Intel Core i7
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 06-01-2021, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Task Manager Error

bump

Rey

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 06-01-2021, 11:10 PM

I have never seen this “issue” occur before. My first inclination would be to try importing your session into a new session and see if that removes the “issue”. However, question for you, is this causing an issue/problem in using/operating ProTools? If not then what exactly are you saying is the problem? That you got an error message? I’m somewhat confused as to what the issue is here? Any further information you can share as to what is going on?
Old 06-02-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcowe View Post
I have never seen this “issue” occur before. My first inclination would be to try importing your session into a new session and see if that removes the “issue”. However, question for you, is this causing an issue/problem in using/operating ProTools? If not then what exactly are you saying is the problem? That you got an error message? I’m somewhat confused as to what the issue is here? Any further information you can share as to what is going on?
Hi Falcowe, thanks for your prompt response. How are you? This happens on every session. Yeah, I've noticed a high drop in sessions as I am into my projects ever since this dialogue started to pop up.

Rey

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 06-03-2021, 06:40 PM

I also have the issue of Task Manager starting up every time I start up Pro Tools. It doesn't show up any sessions once Pro Tools has started running. There are: Attributes synchronization Assertions in
"/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2021/r1/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 147.

I do hope someone has the answer as to why this now suddenly appears each time I start up PT 2021. I've already tried clean re-install, deleting prefs/caches(as far as I can tell), I even tried updating to Big Sur, but nothing seems to solve the issue. It really doesn't seem to affect the performance, it's just annoying, or is it a warning that somethings wrong with the system?
I hope that someone can provide a solution to this.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-Ike View Post
I also have the issue of Task Manager starting up every time I start up Pro Tools. It doesn't show up any sessions once Pro Tools has started running. There are: Attributes synchronization Assertions in
"/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2021/r1/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 147.

I do hope someone has the answer as to why this now suddenly appears each time I start up PT 2021. I've already tried clean re-install, deleting prefs/caches(as far as I can tell), I even tried updating to Big Sur, but nothing seems to solve the issue. It really doesn't seem to affect the performance, it's just annoying, or is it a warning that somethings wrong with the system?
I hope that someone can provide a solution to this.
That's the same address I get. I agree, certainly, it's annoying and to uninstall will not solve the issue.

Rey

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 06-08-2021, 10:54 AM

It's not as annoying as someone's signature line being longer than their actual post, again and again and again - and of course including a full quote of the entire post immediately preceding their post.

Why can't the DUC admins simply insist that everyone's profile contains a signature hardware profile (should they choose to share it) that can be clicked on by another member who needs that relevant information in order to answer accurately? rather than this incessant barrage of irrelevant repeated information that bloats the data in a thread to more than twice the size it needs to be?

.... oh wait. That's the Pro Tools codebase.

N.B. maybe we can all start quoting people's full signature lines in every reply too, and also quoting the quote that they quoted in their reply.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 06-08-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:15 AM

I was getting

InvokeDummy_ShallowTaskFinished
and
Database internal error, code 11

This worked for me:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-error-code-11
Old 02-03-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
It's not as annoying as someone's signature line being longer than their actual post, again and again and again - and of course including a full quote of the entire post immediately preceding their post.

Why can't the DUC admins simply insist that everyone's profile contains a signature hardware profile (should they choose to share it) that can be clicked on by another member who needs that relevant information in order to answer accurately? rather than this incessant barrage of irrelevant repeated information that bloats the data in a thread to more than twice the size it needs to be?

Very helpful! So you expect all posts to follow your guidelines? Just skip over the parts that you don’t like. I do believe that everyone here has paid to be here, and trolling them is not the answer they are looking for. That person may be reluctant to ask for help again, which is what this forum is for. Long signature, so what!! Quoting, so what!! If you are not going to help, then ignore.

p.s. I’m sorry if my signature personally offends you. I wasn’t trying to, but I guess I didn’t know that it would cause you anxiety 😟. My apologies……..

.... oh wait. That's the Pro Tools codebase.

N.B. maybe we can all start quoting people's full signature lines in every reply too, and also quoting the quote that they quoted in their reply.