Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Default Crossgraded from LE 8.0.3 To PT 10. Missing half the plug-ins

The Machine is a Mac Pro w/2 2.26ghz procs 12 gig memory, MBox2 Pro I/F, OS X v10.6.8 - I upgraded the OS last night along with several other updates (firmware, etc.). I am current according to Apple. I also upgraded my MBox 2 firmware according to the website. Everything seems to be fine with PT10, except I am missing about half of my plugins. I am missing my virtual instruments and several audio plugs. Here is the list.
Boom
Chorus
DB-33
Essential Tuner
Flanger
Masterizer
Mini Grand
Mod Delay II *
Multi-Tap Delay *
Ping-Pong Delay *
TimeShift *
TL Auto Pan *
TL In Tune *
Vacuum
Vintage Filter
Xpand2

I have The folders in the Plug In Settings folder

The plug-ins with the asterisk are in my plug-ins folder but the ones without the asterisk aren't.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a ton of stuff I have to return to in the next few weeks to do updates on.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Crossgraded from LE 8.0.3 To PT 10. Missing half the plug-ins

hi - are any of the plugins been moved to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder?
some of the instruments may need to be installed from the avid download - have a look for something like Avid_Virtual_Instruments_10_Installer_73465
Old 04-28-2012, 04:57 PM

Unhappy Re: Crossgraded from LE 8.0.3 To PT 10. Missing half the plug-ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoz View Post
hi - are any of the plugins been moved to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder?
some of the instruments may need to be installed from the avid download - have a look for something like Avid_Virtual_Instruments_10_Installer_73465
Thanks for the info. There aren't any of those plugins in the (unused folder). When I DL'd PT 10 It showed a bunch of choices for a lot of different products, but a warning to only download the product I had a license for. I saw a Virtual Instruments for PT 10, but didn't think it applied. I went to my account and it stated there are no other downloads waiting for me. At this point I'm not sure what to do. If this is what I'm supposed to have, I think I'm going back to 8.0.3, at least I'll have my virtual instruments. After get my money back from Avid...What can you expect for $399...
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Yes download the instruments installer. That's where your virtual instruments are. It's a separate download now with 10
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Apple M1 Max
Memory 64 GB
PreSonus Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC Music View Post
Yes download the instruments installer. That's where your virtual instruments are. It's a separate download now with 10
I just came back to this thread to put in that I went ahead and did that and all the stuff is back in.

Is there a readme that tells about that? If so, my bad I didn't see it.

The few others that I were unable to find were there but only show up on the inserts on a mono track, and now that's what I remember.

One other thing...I was about to upgrade to 10.1.3 but caught the threads regarding the issues...thanks for the insight. I'll wait until there is an all clear on the next update.