Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-24-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Sampling rate problem

I just started into Post Production at an independent film facility. I've been recently having problems with my sampling rate.

I open new sessions in 48k, work on them but without warning the session sounds slow and lo and behold the session is now running on 44.1k. Okay, so I'll open a new session in 48k and import the session data, all good until a few moments later and boom back to 44.1k.

It's getting a bit irritating. It does this whether we are editting, importing audio or recording ADR or foley. I've set the Digidesign core Audio to 48k and that doesn't change. I'll open up PT first, make sure the hardware setup is running at 48k before opening up a new session or an old session that was running at 48k.

I've downloaded the patches (cs5, 6, and 7) and still the same problem. We were having display and setting difficulties so we assumed it was a low battery. The battery is replaced, the display prob fixed but PT is still giving me problems. I've worn my eyes red reading through posts and using the search engine for help.

I'm running a 1.25 dual G4 powerpc at OS 10.3.4 with PT LE 6.4 (a la patches) on a MBox (002R is in the mail).

Anyone else gone through this? Got an ADR session in the morn would be nice to have this fixed.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Sampling rate problem

What's the clock set to in your Session Setup Window?

Make sure it's in INTERNAL.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-24-2004, 06:25 PM

It's always at internal.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:14 PM

Any other digital equipment that might be fighting you for sample rate control? Then disconnect.

Tell us more about you setup.

-sw
~a Dream Out Loud company~
Old 08-24-2004, 08:38 PM

I work mostly in the box with no control surface. The only things that are coming in and out of the mbox is a mic XLR cable. Two 1/4 cables out to M Audio speakers and a DA-60mkII connected by SPDIF. However the Dat machine is off if I'm not digitizing audio and this has been a problem when we didn't have the Dat machine in the room at all. But I'll try completely disconnecting the DA-60 to see if this helps.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
Iris