Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-25-2001, 08:12 AM

Default Tempo change without pitch change for audio

I am new to using 001 and can't seem to figure out if it can alter the tempo of audio tracks without altering the pitch. I found how to alter MIDI data, which was no problem, but the same process did not work for audio.

I am in a rush to get some songs out and need to speed up or slow down some of them> I think I may scream. Maybe 001 doesn't do this, I can't find any help in the documentation so anybody's input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-26-2001, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Tempo change without pitch change for audio

Just to clear something up, the 001 is hardware ie. it dosen´t do much without software ie. Pro Tools.

Your problem is not the 001 but the software you use to "drive" the 001..

And now to your problem:

Try to get hold of a copy of Sonicfoundry ACID it´ll do the job for you, and it´ll run on your 001.
- get a free demo on www.sonicfoundry.com for a start.

Hope it helps

PAM
Old 05-26-2001, 12:44 AM

If you need superaccurate system with high quality try the Pitch'n'Time Audiosuite (PT Plugin) you can purchase it... look at the site.
This tool is unbelievable and... cost money
Old 05-27-2001, 12:56 AM

Have you tried Time Compression/Expansion under ProTools AudioSuite? I believe this may be what your looking for.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:33 PM

BwanaR [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Your suggestion was admirable but lacking of any real information. I am in the same boat. The problem with the Audiosuite plugin Time Compression/expansion is that there is no support telling one how to actually use it effectively. I've tried getting some samples to change length but not pitch and I only come up with Chimpunks or Lurches. Can someone who's really dug into this program provide some genuine advice please. Thanks.

[email protected]
- Digi001 - ProTools LE 6.4
- Audiophile 2496
Motherboard - Intel D915PBL

Old 03-16-2002, 07:14 PM

The Audiosuite Time Compression/Expansion is pretty straight forward. First select the region you'd like to affect choose the plugin and set your parameters. Use caution to make the settings minimal, otherwise it can end up sounding a little weird.