Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2016, 01:55 PM

Default MIDI plays a few notes and stops

Hello, I'm new here, I've been reading other threads but I haven't found one with quite the same situation as I do, so I'm creating this.

I'm able to record MIDI tracks (Boom, Massive) but when I play it back it plays a few notes and stops making any sound. Sometimes a note hangs playing. The track keeps going but the MIDI tracks make no sound.

Other regular audio tracks keep playing regularly. The metronome also goes out of sync when the MIDI problem happens.

Anyone with a similar situation or a fix? Thanks!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:03 PM

Default Re: MIDI plays a few notes and stops

Have you accidentally created a tempo change to some absurdly-low value? Check your conductor track. Better yet, set the session tempo to a static number and disable the conductor track. See if the same de-sync thing happens.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:05 PM

Default Re: MIDI plays a few notes and stops

Yeah it happens for more than one track, in other tempos too. Disabled conductor, the problem continues. I think it has something to do with the MIDI drivers, I checked another topic about problems with the click track and it advised to uninstall M-Audio midi drivers and use Windows' own, but Windows doesn't find any driver for my usb keyboard so kept the M-Audio driver and tried using TL Metro for metronome insetad and it was working...until it didn't.

I'll try to reply in that topic for the driver situation, but about the MIDI playing a bit and stopping, does anyone have the same problem?