Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack available at Bestbuy.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Other than upgrades, where are you seeing PT11 for $350-$400 new? Most vendors I see are still in the $699 range for PT11 by it's lonesome.
All the major online retailers sell the bundle of Eleven Including a full pro tools version with the the ILOK Key. I bought the bundle myself and sold pro tools 10 (authorization card + the Ilok) for 400 on Ebay. I bought mine from here:
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-AVD-ELEVENR-LIST

And sold mine like this guy (who probably is separating the eleven bundle) on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-Digides...item35c9bd60f1
Old 07-22-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
All the major online retailers sell the bundle of Eleven Including a full pro tools version with the the ILOK Key. I bought the bundle myself and sold pro tools 10 (authorization card + the Ilok) for 400 on Ebay. I bought mine from here:

And sold mine like this guy (who probably is separating the eleven bundle) right here on ebay:
I know about vendors selling the bundle. What I asked about is where are you seeing legitimate dealers selling PT11 for $350-$400 new? Nowheres. You'd have to buy a bundle and split it out and mainstream dealers don't do that. Anything on eBay is usually only a one-time deal and not repeatable.

QAPLA!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:

And sold mine like this guy (who probably is separating the eleven bundle) on ebay:
Hopefully the purchaser understands there is some risk that they may get stuck with a non-upgradable version of Pro Tools or other problems in future if Avid decides to enforce the no-license separation part of their EULA. And if I was violating the EULA and separating and selling off a bundled Pro Tools license I would probably not come into DUC and brag about it...
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
. And if I was violating the EULA and separating and selling off a bundled Pro Tools license I would probably not come into DUC and brag about it...
Rookie mistake
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Hopefully the purchaser understands there is some risk that they may get stuck with a non-upgradable version of Pro Tools or other problems in future if Avid decides to enforce the no-license separation part of their EULA. And if I was violating the EULA and separating and selling off a bundled Pro Tools license I would probably not come into DUC and brag about it...
I must admit I hadn't thought of that part.

QAPLA!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Rookie mistake
Im not bragging! What's to brag about?
It's very clear that AVID intentionally is doing this since Pro tools 10. Before that pro tools was linked to ELEVEN the hardware. Not anymore as it's linked to the ILOK hardware and account. I specifically asked the retailer and that's what they said, Sweetwater, ZZound, American music said that you can separate the bundle by selling pro tools or vice versa!

The reason I Posted is not to brag, but to point out that there are tons of retailers on ebay who are selling Eleven Brand new for 350-450 and same for pro tools. This is not a one time thing as someone else posted.
I think this is profitable for AVID as if it wasn't intended, they would have kept pro tools linked to Eleven.
One last thing: saying that I "was violating the EULA and separating and selling off a bundled Pro Tools license" is not accurate, because the licence isn't bundled anymore as clear from using the ILok key to authorize pro tools!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I know about vendors selling the bundle. What I asked about is where are you seeing legitimate dealers selling PT11 for $350-$400 new? Nowheres. You'd have to buy a bundle and split it out and mainstream dealers don't do that. Anything on eBay is usually only a one-time deal and not repeatable.
Looking in Ebay you will find many sellesr who have tens of copies of Pro tools in the 400 range. Any ebay retailer selling Eleven brand new without pro tools in the $400 is also selling or have already sold pro tools copies!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:

The reason I Posted is not to brag, but to point out that there are tons of retailers on ebay who are selling Eleven Brand new for 350-450
Relax - and be assured that the odds always fall to the house (eula)

As well as another purchaser not having an upgrade path

On another note I recently heard that a PTHD user was denied a free upgrade because he purchased off of eBay and it was an unopened box and all

Old 07-22-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
It's very clear that AVID intentionally is doing this since Pro tools 10. Before that pro tools was linked to ELEVEN the hardware. Not anymore as it's linked to the ILOK hardware and account. I specifically asked the retailer and that's what they said, Sweetwater, ZZound, American music said that you can separate the bundle by selling pro tools or vice versa!

The reason I Posted is not to brag, but to point out that there are tons of retailers on ebay who are selling Eleven Brand new for 350-450 and same for pro tools. This is not a one time thing as someone else posted.
I think this is profitable for AVID as if it wasn't intended, they would have kept pro tools linked to Eleven.
One last thing: saying that I "was violating the EULA and separating and selling off a bundled Pro Tools license" is not accurate, because the licence isn't bundled anymore as clear from using the ILok key to authorize pro tools!
Nobody from Sweetwater would ever say you can seperate out PT software from a bundle.
Quote:
Looking in Ebay you will find many sellesr who have tens of copies of Pro tools in the 400 range. Any ebay retailer selling Eleven brand new without pro tools in the $400 is also selling or have already sold pro tools copies!
Like I said - no legit retailer would split out the software from the hardware. As to someone on eBay selling an 11R separate from PT that doesn't mean they are selling or have already sold their PT software. All it means is they don't need the 11R as an interface and are selling it off. Maybe they have another interface?

QAPLA!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Nobody from Sweetwater would ever say you can seperate out PT software from a bundle.
Never say never Jack - I've had some pretty good conversations with my sweetwater rep/dealer