Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-28-2018, 12:11 PM

Default mcdsp 20 year anniversary subscription BARGAINS

https://mcdsp.com/subscriptions/

every plugin that exists under the mcdsp plan, in au vst and aax native for just 12.99 per month.. it's a locked in price.. from what i understood when i spoke to gobbler, it will auto renew next year at that price.

Or 24.99 for AAX DSP.

Personally i think it's a bargain.

I am almost tempted to lock in the HD price now, just in case the offer disappears, as i plan to go to HDX as my ultimate "pro tools goal".
I'd still be able to use native with the hd license in the meantime.
Actually I might do it.

Anyway, besides analog channel which is one of the earliest, and worst "tape emus" in plugin form, pretty much everything else is awesome, even their 20 year old stuff like filterbank and compressorbank (well, almost 20 yrs old )

I still use the filterbank dual high low pass to this very day on everything.. i use it for resonant automated sweeps, low frequency clean and bump uses, and every other use someone wants a high or low pass for.
It sounds fantastic, they nailed it to perfection to begin with and it's always been great.

I don't care for revolver, cause i don't like how hard it is to bring in external IR's.. I also don't like the preset system only really being an IR loading system..

But besides revolver and analog channel, i use every single other plugin they make in every single mix.

Personally i think it's a wonderful bundle and just wanted to give the heads up at that pricing, cause it's normally 29.95 a month for the *native* bundle.

The 12.99 is cheaper than even slate's very cheap bundle sub.. Personally, i think those two subs combined, are the best overall mixing tools on the market
Either could do with just one kick ass algo reverb though, pretty please!
Old 01-28-2018, 05:59 PM

Default Re: mcdsp 20 year anniversary subscription BARGAINS

I saw that. I'm on the fence. McDSP is one of the few companies whose plugins I don't own any of. Not sure that I have much use for them. So I dunno...

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 01-29-2018, 12:24 AM

Default Re: mcdsp 20 year anniversary subscription BARGAINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I saw that. I'm on the fence. McDSP is one of the few companies whose plugins I don't own any of. Not sure that I have much use for them. So I dunno...
well only you can decide that... if there is anything you need to know i'll happily answer with what i know and of course part of that will be opinion only, so, YMMV.

The new echo is amazing IMO, i use the dialog processor on vocals for levelling and deessing in one fell swoop all the time, i'm using the EQ's and compressorbank all over the place, the AE600 is the only dynamic EQ i know of that can do a dynamic low cut filter with resonance boost (sonnox DEQ, Waves F6, Hofa etc don't have dynamic available on the cut filters, nor are they resonant), the channel strip is my go to other than slate VMR, i don't even have revolver or analog channel installed TBH as i think they are crap, so believe me not a fan boy that thinks they can do no wrong. Also, i've been complaining about the crossover filters on their multi band stuff for a decade.. they are useless for full mixes as the crossovers themselves change the mix just by being on, and when you move them, some real destruction can happen, but for single sounds they are great. Futzbox is a one of a kind, G channel just works, and so on. I would *not* pay 30 a month for it, i'd get a few of the ones i can't live without when on super sales as perpetual licenses.. but for 12.99 a month it's crazy value.

I would just say to you, try their demo of their full installer, and see what you think.

I also do the kush subscription which i love as well. I have three subs going, kush, slate and mcdsp, and that covers all my native dynamics and EQ needs (besides pro Q2) completely.