Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2021, 04:15 PM

Default PC reboot required if my tablet sleeps or tabs away from Avid Control

Hi y'all, been searching everywhere for help with my specific issue. Windows 10 machine, Samsung Tab A. Spent hours trying to figure out why the tablet wouldn't show up in the surfaces window.

Once I set up a static IP for both, I was finally able to get EuControl to see the Tab A. Connected fine, and the app worked great controlling Pro Tools 12.
Awesome!

However, if my tablet falls asleep, or if I switch to a different app, EuControl loses the tablet and won't find it again. Force-restarting EuCon, the EuCon client service, etc does nothing - the only thing that will make EuCon see the tablet again is completely rebooting my PC, at which time it immediately finds it and works as expected.

Is there something I can do to force EuControl to scan for my tablet the way it does on a fresh boot? Do I really have to keep my tablet permanently plugged in and exclusively used for Avid Control?

For reference, my empty surfaces list. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png blank surface.PNG (16.1 KB, 0 views)