Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2003, 01:40 AM

Default Can\'t import audio files...PLEASE HELP!

Hello

I am new to the Pro tools world, and have downloaded the free version. I am trying to add some sound effect layers to already existing audio files off of a cd. Yet when i go to import audio and i select the folder with the songs and sound effects in them, they don't show up for me to import, the folder is empty.

the sound effect files i downloaded off of the net and show up as .cgi files, however they open up in quicktime. Everything works fine in OSX but now that i have switched over to OS9 in order to use the free version of pro tools, the sound files have changed.

What do i need to do to be able to import songs off of a cd and to import these sound effect files?

anyone who might have any advice, i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you very much