Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-27-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Kontakt 2 doesn\'t load SampleCell patches anymore?

I was surprised to see that the new version of Kontakt (v2) has dropped direct loading of SampleCell patches. I guess I'll use the old Kontakt to convert my library to .nti, like I have time. Any good bulk converters?

STeve
Old 04-28-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Kontakt 2 doesn\'t load SampleCell patches anym

Hi Steve,

The best I have used is Chicken Systems Translator, however I have to admit it's conversions for Mac are lacking (to say the least) in comparison to the PC version.

You can find information on it at http://www.chickensys.com/.

Best of luck
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 AM

steve, you might want to check out the latest update to kontakt 2, version 2.0.1 i think....
Old 04-28-2005, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I was surprised to see that the new version of Kontakt (v2) has dropped direct loading of SampleCell patches. I guess I'll use the old Kontakt to convert my library to .nti, like I have time. Any good bulk converters?

STeve

You might want to try CDXtract. It's worked pretty well for me so far. Good luck......
Old 04-28-2005, 09:00 PM

Steve , Is Kontakt 2 compatable with Vienna Stgs and HD 6.9 Pro-Tools, how about giga sample files?

[email protected]
Intel duel Quad core
PT 8.0cs3
HD4
D Command / D control
Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 PM

Kurtstudio,

It is my understanding that the Vienna String library is available in a Kontakt version. It seems they give you a nice selection of basic patches from it in the factory Kontakt 2 collection.

Kontakt 2 does import Giga. I tried it back with Kontakt v1.x and it worked for about 50% of the patches I imported. There were problems like stereo patches becoming mono, and it wouldn't recognize every patch. The EXS was much faster and worked with all the Giga files, but didn't do as much to preserve filter settings, etc. I know Giga patch import is suppose to be improved, but I haven't tried it yet with Kontakt 2.

I went to check out the 2.01 update for Kontakt, but their website is not accepting log ins.

STeve