Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2002, 04:41 AM

Default Disc error -37 during "Save session copy in..."

I was trying to save a huge PTLE 5.1.1 Session (Mac G4 + Digi 001) and to open it in PTLE 5.1.1 (PC + Audiomedia III). Session is more than 1,2Gb.
Save session copy in...
Session parameters: WAV, 16 Bit, 44.1 kH
Enforce Mac/Pc compatibility
That's ok.
But after a few minutes or seconds of converting
an error message appears: "...Disc error 37..."

From Mac site I know that: "Error -37 - bdNamErr (Bad file name); there may be no bad names in the final system!" That's all.

All other sessions converting sucsessfully. Excepting this one.

Any sugestions how to break through it. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Thank you.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Disc error -37 during "Save session copy in..."

Sorry to hear about your problem. I get this error now and then and it is a killer. I work in post where I use alot of the same audio in different sessions.
Your best bet is to open a new session and use the Import Tracks function. You may be able to copy it in that way.
If not, you need to make sure you have "ALL" the audio that your session is refrencing, in the audio folder of that session. Also check to make sure you don't have illegal characters in the file name, or that the names are too long. (over 30 characters)

This error is the worst and Digi needs to fix it. There are a ton of people out there going through the same things you are.

Good Luck [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] www.givemetheremote.com
Old 06-07-2002, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Disc error -37 during "Save session copy in..."

hey arbuz, we've got a healthy little discussion going on about this in the post production section.
check over there for some thoughts.
that errror message is infitely confusing and frustrating.