Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 AM

Default Pro Tools 9 Default Outputs and Solo Preferences Not Saving

We recently upgraded both of our 5.1 rooms from PT 8 to PT 9.0.1, doing a clean system install on one rig and an upgrade on the other. Both rigs are now at OS 10.6.6, running on 10GB RAM and 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Cores, with Sync/192s and HD3 cards through Magma chassis.

For the most part we're very happy...the new integrated Eucon is fantastic, Machine Control works the way it should, etc., etc. But there's one problem that we can't figure out, and it's driving us up the wall during sessions.

No matter whether the "Sessions overwrite ourrent I/O Setup when opened" box is checked or not, our Default Output Bus will default back to outputs 1-2, when in fact our studios are set up such that our default outputs need to be 9-10.

This happens when we open from our template, save, quit, and reopen, or if we switch sessions, or if we close and reopen the current session. Basically anytime a session is opened, the defaults get messed up again.

In addition, we prefer to have our Solo Mode be X-OR, but it will constantly default back to Latch.

The only other threads we've been able to find in the DUC regarding this mentioned the "Sessions overwrite" box as a fix, but that hasn't worked for us, unfortunately. We'd be more inclined to say it's our fault were it only happening on one rig, but since the upgrade it's been happening on both.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Edit: our Bounce source settings are also not saving

Last edited by mindsmack; 02-25-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: add'tl info
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 Default Outputs and Solo Preferences Not Saving

The latching solo problem has haunted me ever since I upgraded to PT 9. I can't fix it and you're the first person I've noticed posting about it. Personally, I'd given up and just gotten used to the fact that I have to switch it every time I start PT up.

Can't someone help fix this problem?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM

I have this problem too. Sometimes it even switches back to latch solo mid session!

PT 9.0.1 OSX 10.6.4
Euphonix MC Pro
2x3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsmack View Post
We recently upgraded both of our 5.1 rooms from PT 8 to PT 9.0.1, doing a clean system install on one rig and an upgrade on the other. Both rigs are now at OS 10.6.6, running on 10GB RAM and 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Cores, with Sync/192s and HD3 cards through Magma chassis.

For the most part we're very happy...the new integrated Eucon is fantastic, Machine Control works the way it should, etc., etc. But there's one problem that we can't figure out, and it's driving us up the wall during sessions.

No matter whether the "Sessions overwrite ourrent I/O Setup when opened" box is checked or not, our Default Output Bus will default back to outputs 1-2, when in fact our studios are set up such that our default outputs need to be 9-10.

This happens when we open from our template, save, quit, and reopen, or if we switch sessions, or if we close and reopen the current session. Basically anytime a session is opened, the defaults get messed up again.

In addition, we prefer to have our Solo Mode be X-OR, but it will constantly default back to Latch.

The only other threads we've been able to find in the DUC regarding this mentioned the "Sessions overwrite" box as a fix, but that hasn't worked for us, unfortunately. We'd be more inclined to say it's our fault were it only happening on one rig, but since the upgrade it's been happening on both.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Yes, this is a huge problem but I am afraid you 'll find out it gets worse. None of my session prior to PT9 open up properly, it always says "bus can not be made active etc.etc." and some of the outputs are grayed out. No matter what I do, I can not fix this problem. I even tried a "brand new session" ope from the Digidesign "template" that is installed with PT and even that one said... "bus can not be made active etc.etc." and the 5.1 output was grayed out!
Edit: our Bounce source settings are also not saving
Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 AM

I have also been experiencing this problem.

I'm running an mbox 2 pro + CPTK, and it seems to have started happening since I have been working on sessions imported from an HD system. Maybe that has some relevance?