Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-13-2003, 05:46 PM

Default low output noise & crackling fuzz static on outputs after years of no problems

After years of no known problems with my DIGI 001 using its original setup(PIII 800,296mb RAM,15GIG 7200 RPM primary drive, 120 GIG 7200 RPM audio drive, ASUS CUSL2-C motherboard, & Ati all-in-one wonder 16mb video card),the main outputs going to my monitors contain lots of crackling fuzz and static, and the same thing on outputs 1,2,3,4,5, 6 and even the headphone jack. On channels 7 & 8 I get no sound at all, just a low whining sound. If I restart the computer and load up a session, when it plays it plays very low with very little but still noticable clicks and pops. I can turn the monitor volume knob on the i/o box all the way up and I still get about a little less than half of the normal output volume. When I adjust the master fader within the session to raise the level, severe clicks and pops occur and remain in the audio. The same thing happens when I use Wavelab. This has never happened before. I have reseated the card, checked the DIGI cable(reattached, & even swaped ends), uninstalled and reinstalled all software and drivers(even tried not using the WaveDriver), and even formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro, and nothing seems to work. I even pulled the card and placed it in a pc with Windows 98, and the same problem. Out of the blue, I turn on my computer one day, and whammo I have this HUGE problem, and I am in the middle of several important projects. My DIGI 001 is clearly out of warranty, and if this is the i/o box then this thing to the scrap yard. If it is the DIGI cable, how do I get another cable its not on the online catalog? My DIGI cable is in mint condition, I am not using any sync devices, or digital channels. The sync is set to internal, and it doesn't matter what sampling rate of the source material I use for play back, I still have the same problem. I am praying for a MIRACLE.

Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it? I will be contacting Digidesign in the morning.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:38 AM

Default Re: low output noise & crackling fuzz static on outputs after years of no problems

Have you tested the 001 with the digitest program?

Bastiaan