Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2014, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
You know, there's a big difference between "they haven't fixed it yet" and "Avid said it's not important".

He claimed that they outright told him at NAMM that it's not important, which is something I am having trouble believing.

There's no way for you (or me) to know whether they are working on a fix, so it's not clear. All we know is that it's a bug, that they haven't announced anything, and that it hasn't been fixed yet. Remember when Mavericks compatibility for PT11 wasn't released yet (or even announced) and people were claiming it's not a priority, and that Avid wouldn't address it?
Well I can tell then are NOT working on fix because I WAS TOLD AT NAMM THAT THIS WAS NOT AN IMPORTANT ISSUE BEACSE THERE IS WORK AROUND BY RECORDING TRACKS AND NUDGING THEM.
That is Avid's repose and FIX - wether you believe me or not makes zero difference to me I am just saying what I was told.

it's painfully obvious this issue has been around since day one of PT 11 and if the Beta Testing team did not find this one I have also question the competence of the Beta Test coordinator Mister G.R.!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM

UNDERSTOOD. It's not a good idea to tell people you're ignoring a bug... Which is why I doubted it. There's also a workaround for track freezes, and people have said that is a feature they arent working on. Lo and behold, it's in the works. I hope that one day soon an update will happen, and I hope that you will be pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of a multi-out VI ADC bug fix.. If not, I apologize for giving Avid the benefit of the doubt here.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:18 PM

they have had 10 months to fix it they are beyond benefit of the doubt.
Like I said the beta testing has demonstrated total incompetence.
Gone are the days when reporting a bug and it's fixed promptly. Now report a bug and all you hear is crickets...

ooo now we have everywhere instead of fixing basic bugs ..... WTF?
Is Sarah Palin CTO now?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Always time to add features you can pay for, never time to fix the crapware you have already paid for.
Avid has been pulling this on their customers for years.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:49 PM

just chiming in here.

have been a loyal PT user since version 6.

love everything about 11, and am ready to upgrade my HD rig and my mobile rig, but the ADC bug is a dealbreaker.

guess i'm sticking w/ 10 for now.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Well I can tell then are NOT working on fix because I WAS TOLD AT NAMM THAT THIS WAS NOT AN IMPORTANT ISSUE BEACSE THERE IS WORK AROUND BY RECORDING TRACKS AND NUDGING THEM.
That is Avid's repose and FIX - wether you believe me or not makes zero difference to me I am just saying what I was told.

it's painfully obvious this issue has been around since day one of PT 11 and if the Beta Testing team did not find this one I have also question the competence of the Beta Test coordinator Mister G.R.!
If you were told this... I had two AVID reps help me personally confirm a workaround that myself and another user figured out and it's NOT printing and nudging. As a composer for new media that would be absolutely unusable. They never said it wasn't an important bug but they did say 'they have no idea when they would get to it.' The video issues are top priority I'm sure, as zero post houses can move to 11 until that is resolved. I personally would like the video issues done first since the workaround does seem to do the job.

I explained it a few pages back. This bug is a ridiculous PITA though. It's also frustrating no one from AVID has chimed in here.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:31 PM

+1 I'm not on Pro Tools 11 yet and I will wait until this is fixed.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 04-10-2014, 02:30 AM

Hello,

I have both PT10 and PT11 installed on my HDX2 rig and they exhibit the same ADC bug . When I'm in record mode , sometimes ( completely randomly) the performer will have a delay . I need to turn ADC off to be able to record . This is more than annoying because it's not even consistent . Sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't . All I have on the recorded track is AVID's channelstrip .
Mac OSX 10.8.5 PT 10 is 10.3.8 PT 11 is 11.1.2 .
This bug existed in the previous version too . I also find that the native performance is quite poor . I have to work in 512 buffer settings to avoid error messages when I use autotune or waves tune . I have an SSD drive and a 12 core MAc Pro . This shouldn't happen . It doesn't work as well as my HD5 rig with a 8 core Mac . I won't update this rig yet .
Old 04-10-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodia View Post
Hello,

I have both PT10 and PT11 installed on my HDX2 rig and they exhibit the same ADC bug . When I'm in record mode , sometimes ( completely randomly) the performer will have a delay . I need to turn ADC off to be able to record . This is more than annoying because it's not even consistent . Sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't .
Exactly. Same here.

See also this thread:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=352076&page=3
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intransit View Post
If you were told this... I had two AVID reps help me personally confirm a workaround that myself and another user figured out and it's NOT printing and nudging. As a composer for new media that would be absolutely unusable. They never said it wasn't an important bug but they did say 'they have no idea when they would get to it.' The video issues are top priority I'm sure, as zero post houses can move to 11 until that is resolved. I personally would like the video issues done first since the workaround does seem to do the job.

I explained it a few pages back. This bug is a ridiculous PITA though. It's also frustrating no one from AVID has chimed in here.
Saying "you have no idea when you would get to it" is the same as saying it's not important. And the workaround does not do the job for me and maybe some others here. Everyone might share the same DAW, hardware, etc. Doesn't mean our workflow is the same.
So as you would like to see the video issue done first, I personally would like this ADC issue to fix first.

Mac Pro5,1 2x2.24 12-Core, ATI HD5770,
OSX 10.11, 16GB RAM
Apollo Quad Firewire, UAD2 Solo & Quad
NI Maschine v2
PT2018

Last edited by 6lovemusic; 04-11-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: grammer