Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-08-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Upgrade Plus after the 20 of December

I bought PT7 upgrade plus in a music shop but don't want to install it now (I don't have Tiger yet)Can I install the soft and the plugins after the 20 of Decembre (end of the promotion) ? I guess that somebody from the digi staff have to know the answer...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plus after the 20 of December

[QUOTE]
I bought PT7 upgrade plus in a music shop but don't want to install it now (I don't have Tiger yet)Can I install the soft and the plugins after the 20 of Decembre (end of the promotion) ? I guess that somebody from the digi staff have to know the answer...

Hey you can download an older version of the plugins that and they will work,
Old 12-08-2005, 12:47 PM

Thanks for your answer .I know that I can download older versions of the plugs but I wanna find out if the autorisation code of the plugs will work afer the last promotion day...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:52 PM

I just purchased/downloaded the PT7 Plus upgrade last night; won't be installing it until my Quad arrives at the end of the month. I've already registered my Pultec/Smack! plugs with Ilok. I'm hoping everything should install & work properly after December 20...?
www.icedrum.com
Old 12-08-2005, 01:06 PM

just purchased/downloaded the PT7 Plus upgrade last night; won't be installing it until my Quad arrives at the end of the month. I've already registered my Pultec/Smack! plugs with Ilok. I'm hoping everything should install & work properly after December 20...?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure that everything will work great for you.But if you have the upgrade box home with a registration code for the the plugs,can you autorise the plugs after the 20 of december ? ? ?
Old 12-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Administrator

The promotion to purchase the Upgrade PLUS plug-ins on the DigiStore will end December 20th. You will no longer be able to purchase that from the DigiStore, and Digidesign dealers will not be able to order the Upgrade PLUS bundle for resale after that date.

However, the activation code for the plug-ins included in all of the Digi dealer Pro Tools 7 Upgrade PLUS packages will still be able to be used to activate the choice of the 2 plug-ins you choose and transfer those to your iLok.com account even after that date. The activation process will still be available on the servers, but not the option to purchase.

So the answer to your specific question is yes:
"But if you have the upgrade box home with a registration code for the the plugs,can you autorise the plugs after the 20 of december ? ? ?"

But you don't really need to wait until then. You can set up a free iLok.com account from any computer, even if you don't have an iLok yet. You can deposit those licenses to your iLok account, and they will not expire. You would just transfer the licenses to your iLok whenever you want to.

iLok.com Information:

If you have not already done so, you would create an iLok.com account yourself at iLok.com:
http://www.iLok.com

Once you create an account there, your iLok User ID is what you use to login to your account on iLok.com (not your login password, which you also choose)

Your iLok.com User ID is not printed on your iLok. You would choose your own iLok.com User ID and whatever password you want.

If you have already created an account on ilok.com, but have forgotten your password to that account, there is a "password reminder" link on the login page.

If you are new to using iLok.com, we have some tutorial videos on the Digidesign website that explain how to use it:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/ilok/

Using iLok.com & Electronic iLok License Transfers
How to use iLok.com (Instructional Videos)
- How to create a free user account at iLok.com
- How to register your iLok on your iLok.com account
- How to transfer licenses from your iLok account to your iLok