Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 08:55 PM

Default I can not unlock my IK media plugins

can somene tell me how they were able to unlock there IK media bundle with amplitude and T racks plug ins. I got it with my m box 6 months plus. Never bothered at that time to try to unlock them because it is such a hassle.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: I can not unlock my IK media plugins

Its simple,, and just like every other plug ins auth.. Just follow the instructions on them little cards that came with them..

Basically, you go to the websites of EACH of the companies in that bundle, register your product with them, then they walk you through the authorization pretty straight foward..

Just remember to read directions, look for all the places to click on stuff, and it should be self expanitory --

Hope This Helps--
Old 09-17-2004, 09:26 PM

Its not that simple. Every other manufacturer uses the same process but it works. Not so with IK.

Firstly, Amplitube can only be registered on a Mono track . Secondly, sometimes the code you generate is wrong. Make sure Sampleatnk is on a stereo track. Be patient and after a few reboots they may work.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-17-2004, 09:57 PM

It was pretty easy for me. Just go to all the sites one by one, follow their instructions,,, and it works..

I didn't notice the limitations you speak of. As a matter of fact I didn't even try to launch them once before I had them all already authorized.

It was not like you speak that I had to register any of them to "tracks" per say (mono or stereo). I just authorized them simply, and they all work everywhere... -- Simple --

Just re-tested to be sure,, and yeah -- They all work on both stereo, mono, or multi channel...
Old 09-18-2004, 07:20 AM

It is pretty simple, but you may get a wrong code.
On two occasions I had codes that wouldn't work!
IK's tech support is AMAZING though. Both times that I have emailed them saying "What the f___?", they have responded promptly and provided new codes for me!
In fact... one such instance was on a holiday weekend!!
Follow the instructions, and if you have trouble, IK will set you up with the right info!
good luck
Old 09-18-2004, 07:55 AM

i will third the wrong code sinario
it says there are no 1 or 0's or is it no i and o's??
any way when iwent to put in the serial numbers it kept telling me my serial number was incorrect
managed to evantualy figure it out myself by doing the opposite of what ever it was above
Pain in the ass!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 10:40 AM

Well, when started doing this, there was a stupid issue of an extra space being thrown in as i copied the codes. I eventually figured it out, but after i upgraded to 10.3, i had to get new codes.

these codes didn't work for a while, so i just went and found the settings files for the IK plugs (in Users>yourname>Library>Preferences) and opened them in TextEdit. All i did was copy the right numbers into the blank spaces in these files, saved them, and started PT, not expecting success. Well, guess what, that worked!

See if that hepls, but it probably a bit risky.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:26 PM

Wow guys,,, I guess I may have just got lucky or something. It worked for me flawless the VERY first time I tried it..

I DO remember the 1's and zereos thing though,, but I still got it right first time through,,, and for all of them...

After hearing everyone elses experiences though ,, I feel lucky -- Thanks for sharing everyone..

Oh,,, and Insomaniac ,,, good idea man !! Cool that it worked !!

So anyway,, Surchur ,, did ya do it ?? let us know--
Old 09-18-2004, 04:23 PM

Don't feel bad. I had a HELL of a time registering that stuff. I bought the amp sim and it registered ok, and I guess they gave me that Barney mastering stuff, so I tried to master it. First of all, IK generated three different serial numbers for the Barney plugs and they came in three diff. emails. Then I'd try to authorize it, and no matter how carefully I copied the ser. #, it'd tell me it was the wrong one. Finally, when I called tech support at IKM, they told me that sometimes it takes their system some time to register a new product and that it wouldn't have worked right away no matter what. Also, it seems like it helps to throw away the demo EQ that comes with the LE bundly.

The Barney mastering stuff has a funny color to it, but it's good for some stuff. It's a pretty small CPU hit, and the soft clipper is good for hashing stuff up. Seems best to ease back on the dynamics stuff due to the coloration. Kind of makes drums sound "boxy" (not "Foxy").
Old 10-31-2004, 09:22 PM

No I just decided to spend the day making music today. Imagine! I COULD have spent all day trying to figure more things out, but instead I got somthing recorded! But now I do want to mix it, so maybe now I have to spend time getting lucky or not! I think! Digi ought to take charge of somthing like this if they plan to endorse and package plugins that are included but you are lucky if you can use them.