Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 01:18 AM

Default how to assign a midi controler to an audio track\'s volume?

Hello,

Is it possible to assign a keyboard's modwheel to the audio track's volume? I don't have any Mixer/controller, just a nordlead2 and Protools LE 5.1.1

thanks.
Mix Cube
Old 05-15-2002, 07:08 AM

Default Re: how to assign a midi controler to an audio track\'s volume?

No
Old 05-15-2002, 08:14 AM

try assigning it CC#7 and assign to midi channel 16 to trick it into thinking it's a cs-10. then.. go into the periferiels dialog and choose the cs-10 profile and specify that device and the send and recieve device.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:26 AM

I've been fiddling a bit with Cycling74's MAX, and did a patch that enables to route any incoming midi controller to Pro Tools faders, pans, sends, plug-ins...

It could be run as a stand alone program (thus not requiring Cycling's Max nor even their free patch player) and I will probably put it on the net if I ever finish it into a usable state. If the demand is high I might start looking at it again quite soon...

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Z
Old 05-15-2002, 04:43 PM

judging by the number of people who have posted about using their arcane midi devices (including me) to control Protools, I think that if you finished your program, you would not only be a god, but our hero as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 05:19 PM

The difficulty isn't really in the principle of controlling Pro Tools functions via the devices, but rather in the making of a sensible user interface and making sure it would run on the largest possible amout of configurations. I luckily have access to several Pro Tools TDM, LE and Free systems as well as midi controllers (Pc 1600, Kaosspad, Motormix, Clavia synths etc...) but it certainly takes time to figure out all that together. Plus writing a manual that would make sense! (And writing words really isn't my greatest skill...)

I would hate to have "hate"-mail coming to my way if I just posted something not-so-ready to download and people would have extreme trouble using it. Well, anyway, it would be freeware, so I don't know...? Perhaps someone fluent in Max programming could come up with something first?

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Z