Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM

Default AAF from Adobe Premiere into PT7

Is the only way to import an AAF from Premiere into Pro Tools still using Automatic Duck or opening it up in Nuendo re-eporting to AAF and opening into Pro Tools?
I have a 10 Gig AAF which opens with audio Tracks but, no audio.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:04 PM

Default Re: AAF from Adobe Premiere into PT7

mampam,
I believe this is the exact problem that I have been having with AAF's made from Quantel EQ systems. The clips show up with no media. I have been working with Digi off and on for over a year on this issue. They said it was going to be fixed on 7.4 but I don't think it has. The Digi guy I was working with left the company and the new folks don't seem to have any info on what we were working on!! Oh well. Quantel knows of the problem and has also been working on it. They tell me that something changed in the PT code from version 6 to 7 because they started getting calls about this AAF problem the day after PT7.0 was released. Hopefully Digi will get this fixed asap because it's been a problem for a long time.

-fletch
Old 05-19-2008, 01:10 PM

I just found out from the video editor that Automatic Duck is no longer supporting Premiere. What a wonderful world we live in.javascript:void(0)
Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Mampam,
I have found a workaround for my AAF problem.
If you have FCP then you can import the AAF into Soundtrack Pro then export it as an AAF and PT will
read it just fine. Don't know why Soundtrack Pro can read the file and PT can't but it works. Go figure!!
-Fletch
Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM

Hey, I really appreciate you getting back to me on this work-a-round. I had found this out a week ago, but I'm too selfish to post it I really am sorry. Unfortunetly, I don't have FCP but,I think the client I was trying to help does. Thanks again.