Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2019, 09:34 AM

Default Audiofile Sample Manager/Myriad

I’ve frequently used Audiofile Engineering Sample Manager which became Myriad and was sold to http://aurchitect.com/. The new owners have disappeared along with Myriad. I’ve heard all the Audiofile apps including Myriad have been sold to a “well known developer” but I can no longer authorise it.

In the meantime I need a batch sample editor. In myriad you could trim a bunch of files by time or threshold, normalise them, fade in/out and rename the result etc. all in one pass. It was great for batch processing samples.

Can anyone suggest an alternative or knows what has happened to Myriad?
Old 02-11-2022, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Audiofile Sample Manager/Myriad

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but did you ever find a solution to this? I'm in the exact same boat!
Old 02-11-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnya156 View Post
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but did you ever find a solution to this? I'm in the exact same boat!
All the apps made by Audiofile Engineering including Sound Manager (which became Myriad) were purchased by Zynaptiq which seems to be sitting in them.

https://www.zynaptiq.com/macaudioapps/

Unfortunately I’ve lost my licences and they weren’t very helpful in retrieving them.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:52 PM

i highly recommend SoX for such tasks. it's a command line tool (no GUI) but very powerful, can do all of the things you are asking, and you can't beat the price ($0).

i have written numerous shell scripts around it for various repeated audio file tasks.

hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the responses, guys. I have considered delving into SoX (particularly for sample rate conversion) but was also looking for something that has the file inspector features of Sample Manager / Myriad.

I know that Barbabatch is an option but the price is pretty punchy!
Old 09-07-2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
All the apps made by Audiofile Engineering including Sound Manager (which became Myriad) were purchased by Zynaptiq which seems to be sitting in them.

https://www.zynaptiq.com/macaudioapps/

Unfortunately I’ve lost my licences and they weren’t very helpful in retrieving them.
Myriad is now available from zynaptiq as part of their Mac Audio Apps 2 bundle. If you have a license for at least one of TRIUMPH, MYRIAD, SPECTRE, LOOP EDITOR, Aura, Wave Editor or Sample Manager, you can upgrade to the Mac Audio Apps Bundle 2.x for $99.

https://zynaptiq.com/macaudioapps/