Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2010, 12:57 PM

Default Help-delay when starting record

Right off the bat...I'm NOT a PT power user. I'm a voice talent,

I've made a PT system change that results in a 4 second delay after hitting begin start when recording.

The track is armed, preroll is off. I usually just hit 3 on the keypad and the recording begins on the track.

I've scoured the PT resources manual but cannot find what I have changed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Help-delay when starting record

Sounds like you've turned on the count off feature.. open your transport window (Apple-1), and make sure the midi section is showing on it (View/Transport/Midi Controls).. there should be a little box in the midi section that says "Count off".. if it's lit up, that's your problem right there. Just click on it to turn it off.. or just hit 8 on your numeric keypad to toggle the status.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Help-delay when starting record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnytofu View Post
Sounds like you've turned on the count off feature.. open your transport window (Apple-1), and make sure the midi section is showing on it (View/Transport/Midi Controls).. there should be a little box in the midi section that says "Count off".. if it's lit up, that's your problem right there. Just click on it to turn it off.. or just hit 8 on your numeric keypad to toggle the status.

Hope that helps.

Runny...you are a genius! That was the problem. It became a global problem which was driving me a little batty!

Thanks so much for your help!

Jeff