Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 PM

Default Still Having Issues With My 003 Console Not Letting Me Record!

Still having issues with my 003 console not letting me input any signal, I have done all the updates, Im running windows 7 64 bit, Pt 9.0.2, I updated the drivers and the console is still giving me problems, It wont let me input/record anything...once I click record enable I get the low hiss sound eating up all the signal while in record ready and while recording, I have done all typical optimizations including running as admin, compatability, prefs, dae, and diabling desktop composition worked for me in the past but the problem seems to come back!

What is next?
Old 04-05-2011, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Still Having Issues With My 003 Console Not Letting Me Record!

Try it on a different computer - if you get the same problems then it could be something wrong with the 003...

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 04-05-2011, 12:51 AM

Ive been having the problem for a few months, it went away when some basic optimization, then later it returned, I installed all updates the day of the release and everything worked fine, I then accidentally updated to SP1 and the problem returned, I removed and everything went back to normal, But now its back! I tried it on my macbook like 2 months ago and I had the real bad distortion problem, right now on the PC all im gettin is the hiss sound drainin everything out =/ but maybe your right I hope not! lol
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 AM

Anybody?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:46 PM

Sounds to me like there may be something physically wrong with your 003. Wish I could help more but I have the Rack+, not the console. All I can think of is make sure you have the right drivers for the 003 and try the alternate firewire drivers - but since it happens on a pc AND Mac I'm thinking the unit is defective and needs serviced. Only other thing might be a firmware update if you don't have the latest one.

If you have a system drive backup of when it was working try going back to that. If you think SP1 screwed it up and you don't have a backup - you could try reinstalling Windows.

Anyone else with an 003 console have this kind of problem??

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
Sounds to me like there may be something physically wrong with your 003. Wish I could help more but I have the Rack+, not the console. All I can think of is make sure you have the right drivers for the 003 and try the alternate firewire drivers - but since it happens on a pc AND Mac I'm thinking the unit is defective and needs serviced. Only other thing might be a firmware update if you don't have the latest one.

If you have a system drive backup of when it was working try going back to that. If you think SP1 screwed it up and you don't have a backup - you could try reinstalling Windows.

Anyone else with an 003 console have this kind of problem??

I've read others with a similar problem and mine was real nasty before these updates and before I did any actual consisten optimization, It might be that the unit is defective. I'll see what I can do. what bothers me the most is that it can be a random issue, it happens when it wants to, thanks for your reply.