How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2012, 12:26 AM

Default recommended cases for the eleven rack

hi there,

I've decided to buy the eleven rack, and wanted your opinion on a nice case ( a bag, not a flight case ) for it. i'm looking for one that opens from behind ( so i wouldn't need to pull it out from the case in gigs/rehearsals ), and also one that has enough room for a medium size foot controller for the unit.

what do you think about this one: http://www.proaudiostar.com/grb-4u.html#images

thank's.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:58 AM

Default Re: recommended cases for the eleven rack

That is whay I have. I works great. I have the 11R in the bottom 2 spaces and have a Morpheus Drop tune mounted on top of the 11R using two sided tape. The zippered compartment will hold a couple pedals. I use it for extra cable and other things but I have put headphones and pedals in there on occassion. The main rack area is zippered on the front and back and there is plenty of room behind the 11R for stuff. When I was moving the 11R around (work/home mainly) I just wrapped all my cables (PA, Power, USB, etc.) up in the back and it was like a self contained unit. Construction is really good. I moved my unit about ten time before buying another unit to keep at work. I reccommend it for basic protection. It will hold up to a lot, it is light, and is comfortable to carry.

I just removed my unit out of it and into a desk rack mount, so if you are interest in purchasing it let me know. It is in new condition except for some dust. Not sure if it is ok to post but the cost would be about half of new.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:25 PM

They're all pretty much the same: a fabric covering (with or without a zippered bag) over a thin plywood box with a couple of rack rails. No magic sauce... I have the same thing branded by a different company; it's fine.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:00 PM

I've been using that case live and have enjoyed it a lot... has rubber feet on the bottom, so I tuck the power cable and midi cable for my foot controller into the back, and just drag 'em out and stand the rack vertical off to the side where I can see the tuner etc.

I don't have the Gmaj2 in there any more but here was my setup at the time...

http://soundchunks.com/rack2a.jpg