Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 05-12-2020, 07:25 PM

Default Midi export fil

Hi,

Does anyone know how to export a midi file, without it exporting any other file I have on the same track?
I should be able to export a small clip? Currently, any time I export a small midi file, it exports the file, but it comes as as large as the largest file in the session.

There's very little in Avid's midi section in the help guide, and contacting Avid support is useless
Old 05-13-2020, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Midi export fil

I don't know that you can directly export a single clip that's part of a longer track. What you could try is to create a separate MIDI track and move/paste the clip you want to that track and export THAT track.

QAPLA!
Old 05-13-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I don't know that you can directly export a single clip that's part of a longer track. What you could try is to create a separate MIDI track and move/paste the clip you want to that track and export THAT track.
Thank you, Yeah even if I do that, it doesn't work. It still exports the small file, but it is big as the biggest file in the session.

I can't believe Avid have basically no motivation to offer good support. What kind of company do they want to be? I know of NO other company that treats customers like Avid does.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Thank you, Yeah even if I do that, it doesn't work. It still exports the small file, but it is big as the biggest file in the session.

I can't believe Avid have basically no motivation to offer good support. What kind of company do they want to be? I know of NO other company that treats customers like Avid does.
I am waiting for such export since the day DIGIDESIGN implemented MIDI into Pro Tools. It never happened……no idea why
Old 05-13-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
If you were to attempt to get someone from Avid to answer this question, regarding why midi exporting isn't working, how would you go about it? Like - considering the price of Avid's products, how would you, having paid a large amount of money to this company, request support and feel confident someone at that company will bother to respond?
Old 05-14-2020, 03:20 AM

Quote:
If you were to attempt to get someone from Avid to answer this question, regarding why midi exporting isn't working, how would you go about it? Like - considering the price of Avid's products, how would you, having paid a large amount of money to this company, request support and feel confident someone at that company will bother to respond?
Go to your Avid account and look for 'support portal' I think it's called. If you have an active support plan you should be able to get help.

QAPLA!
Old 05-14-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Go to your Avid account and look for 'support portal' I think it's called. If you have an active support plan you should be able to get help.
If only it was that simple.

The Avid Advantage Support link does not provide an option to purchase support. It does give a link to try to find out if I'm already entitled to support, but this link goes nowhere

Last edited by Samba; 05-14-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:40 AM

Quote:
If only it was that simple.

The Avid Advantage Support link does not provide an option to purchase support. It does give a link to try to find out if I'm already entitled to support, but this link goes nowhere
Try a different browser and allow cookies. The system does work. Do you have an active support plan or not? You would know this from the license asset you have. Are you on a subscription or a yearly PT license?

QAPLA!