Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-03-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Logic Express 7

I have been using Pro Tools for a few years now and I am very familiar with it as far as audio goes but now I need to work with a bit of MIDI and need to know what the best route to go it.
I just bought a Roland XV-2020 sound module but to be honest, I got better sounds out of Garage Band.
Anyway, here is my delima: I am wondering if Logic Express would have many more of the software intruments like garageband that I could use to import MIDI that I have now. I did this some in GB but I ran out of instruments with the number that they include. I would like to use Pro Tools primarily still but I am looking for someway to itegrate this into what I use now.
Does it make sense to you both Logic and Pro Tools? I know there have been many others who have done that. Also, if there are plugins that I could use directly in Pro Tools that would probably be my prefered option.
I am sure that a faster computer is needed to. Currently my G3 iBook is fine with what I do now but GB kills it with just a few soft synths.
Any help and suggestions are appreciated.
BTW, if any one is interested in a Roland XV-2020, I may put it on eBay with a buy it now of $400.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Logic Express 7

If it's just instruments you're going for, then check out Reason. For about the same price as Logic Express, you'll be getting exactly what you need rather than some thrown-in instrument plug-in package. On top of that, Reason is extremely CPU effiicient and integrates flawlessly with Pro Tools 6 via ReWire.

Enjoy.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:13 PM

wow, sounds like just what I want...I will certainly check that out. I have heard of it but i haven't looked into it.
Oh, will that work on a 700 g3? you can see my full specs in my sig. I will look that up their website too.
THanks.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:06 PM

I believe Live 4 is a great option to look into. I got to mess with version 3 a few months ago, and was amazed how easy and fun it was. Now with version 4 it's even better, hook reason and Live 4 up together via rewire, and you got some really great production tools. I said F PT's after messing with Live 4.