How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2013, 10:32 AM

Default Re: ilok License Manager & HD11 Upgrade confusion

PLease HElp! I am having same problem.

Pro Tools 9/10 bundle grayed out and cannot open Pro Tools 10 or 11.

What do I do?!!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisdustin View Post
PLease HElp! I am having same problem.

Pro Tools 9/10 bundle grayed out and cannot open Pro Tools 10 or 11.

What do I do?!!

Call Support at +1-650-731-6100 option 3. They will generate a temp license for you and escalate the issue to PACE. At least this will get you up and running on your older version.

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:45 AM

eventually I succeeded in getting back my iLok2 licenses, which were brought down to zero by first sync/repair.

Ofcourse with exception of the Pro Tools HD10 Bundle, which remains grayed out and marked as 'surrendered'. Therefore I still cannot activate the Pro Tools HD11 Bundle, which still says it cannot find the licenses to surrender....

desperately awaiting some response from [email protected] ...
Old 06-22-2013, 10:52 AM

Here is what works for me. I have done this on 3 different drives.

Create a virgin install of your OS and allow no optimizations or any other programs to be installed especially Pro Tools or any anti-virus. Install the latest ILM software and go online as recommended.

And,

From customer service:

Our support team is here to assist...

Weekend Support on 6/22 & 6/23 only, 8am – 5pm PDT.

Call (US) 1-650-731-6100 and choose Option 3.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Development Partner

The PACE team is aware of this problem with surrenders and understands the underlying issue. We apologize that this has affected your ability to use the newly released Pro Tools 11.

Our engineering team has identified the source of this issue and is already working on the fix so that we can push it out as quickly as possible. Our support team now has a way to fix your stuck licenses so that the surrender and upgrade of your licenses will complete.

Although our website states our support hours as Monday - Friday 9-5 Pacific, we do have our entire team working this weekend and their first order of business will be to address the people whose surrenders did not finish correctly.

Again, we are very sorry that the iLok License Manager issue has impacted your ability to use your software. Our team continues to work non-stop to address each issue that arises.

Last edited by iLoksupport; 06-22-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoksupport View Post
The PACE team is aware of this problem with surrenders and understands the underlying issue. We apologize that this has affected your ability to use the newly released Pro Tools 11.

Our engineering team has identified the source of this issue and is already working on the fix so that we can push it out as quickly as possible. Our support team now has a way to fix your stuck licenses so that the surrender and upgrade of your licenses will complete.

Although our website states our support hours as Monday - Friday 9-5 Pacific, we do have some of our support team working this weekend and their first order of business will be to address the people whose surrenders did not finish correctly.

Again, we are very sorry that the iLok License Manager issue has impacted your ability to use your software. Our team continues to work non-stop to address each issue that arises.
good to hear. looking forward to the fix! it's not that I couldn't work with the HD11 license immediately, it's more that the half-way-in-the-upgrade-process surrendered PT10 bundle license doesn't allow me to open up any protools version now :)

But it's ok, good to hear it'll get fixed within soon now. Thanks
Old 06-22-2013, 11:30 AM

I'm new to this party, so I just need to understand one thing...are you saying that you have to "surrender" your PT9 license when you upgrade to 10/11? I have PT9HD in one room that is running quite nicely, but would like to get PT11 in a second room and just drag the bitchin' ILOK back and forth. Would I need to buy PT11 at full price?

Thanks for the info...
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM

Help - another one with the same issues here... surrendered 9/10 - failed 11 upgrade. What do we need to do to get this fixed? Sessions pending - HELP.

iMixit
Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richswit View Post
I'm new to this party, so I just need to understand one thing...are you saying that you have to "surrender" your PT9 license when you upgrade to 10/11? I have PT9HD in one room that is running quite nicely, but would like to get PT11 in a second room and just drag the bitchin' ILOK back and forth. Would I need to buy PT11 at full price?

Thanks for the info...
NO, if it would have worked propperly in the license manager, the new license -by clicking on activate- will automatically surrender the old license and activate itself.

The issue many users had is that the upgrade license hanged in this process, leaving a surrendered PT9 or PT10 license with the new pt11 license still not activated. Because it needs an active license to surrender it can't be activated by the user anymore unless iLok fixes this for us. And if I understood it right it should be soon from now

still "patiently" awaiting here :)
Old 06-22-2013, 11:45 AM

Ok, I get that...but does "surrender" mean I can't my PT9HD anymore??
Thanks Robert