Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-10-2016, 06:44 AM

Default EuCon client monitoring service detected a problem and will now exit

Getting this error message when trying to setup on my spare machine (W7 i7 4820k, 24gb RAM, Gigabyte X79-UP4). Have installed EuCon 3.3.2. Works fine after the initial install, but on a restart get the error message:

Quote:
EuCon client monitoring service detected a problem and will now exit.
Please check your network settings and connections

Error starting up MC_Client
When I try to manually restart MC_Client, PT 12.4 does not work with it. Firmware up to date on the MC Mix.

All working fine on main rig (specs below) running EuControl 3.3.0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 01-17-2016, 06:29 AM

Default Re: EuCon client monitoring service detected a problem and will now exit

With Avid's help, think I found the culprit - it looks like a modern variation of an old 2.x bug:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...Null-CORBA-POA

I followed the instructions in the article above (which is exactly what I used to have to do), using batchrun.exe to create a file, starting the three programs with a 2000ms gap between each, in the following order:

EuConStart
EuControl
MC_Client

Looks like MC_Client falls over unless the other two are fully up and running first. Doesn't affect my main machine, just the (very similar) spare - computers, eh?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-27-2016, 09:35 AM

Default Re: EuCon client monitoring service detected a problem and will now exit

Hi,

I don't know if you resolve your issue since january, but I hope so. If not, I recently got the exact same trouble. It's start last month and I was very frustrated. I follow the instructions in the article you mentionned but that didn't help at all.

And in the last past hour, I finally solved it.
I uninstalled my firewall (Zone Alarm Pro) and restart the PC. The Windows firewall ask me to authorize Eucontrol and MC_Client. That's what I did and then no more message at the start of the PC.
I re-installed my Zone Alarm Pro firewall and everything still working just fine.