Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 AM

Default Feel totally ripped off

Okay, I read the Pro Tools 10 FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Tools 10 FAQ
Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools HD 9 software upgrade — is there any way I can get a deal on a Pro Tools HD 10 upgrade?
A: Yes. In fact, if you purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD system, Pro Tools|HD Native system, or Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade on or after October 1, 2011, you're eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10 software. If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary Pro Tools HD 10 software upgrade.

Q: If I just purchased Pro Tools 9 software or a system that came with Pro Tools 9, do I get a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 too?
A: Yes, it's possible. If you purchased a Pro Tools 9 product or upgrade within the time period stated below, you're eligible to receive a complimentary software upgrade:

You purchased and registered new Pro Tools 9 software (full version) or a product bundled with Pro Tools 9, including the Mbox family or Eleven Rack, on or after October 1, 2011
You purchased and registered a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade on or between October 1–20, 2011

If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary copy of Pro Tools 10 software. However, if you purchased a product that included Pro Tools LE, you are not eligible to receive a complimentary Pro Tools 10 crossgrade (you can still purchase a crossgrade though — get it here).
I registered my copy of Pro Tools 9 in September 21, Pro Tools 10 came out in October 20 (30 days later), and I'm not eligible for a free upgrade? Since I'm a student, I don't feel like chipping away $299 for an upgrade I would've gotten for free if waited for 10 days if I knew a new version was coming up
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Feel totally ripped off

I feel for you bro. Alot of us are in the same boat. ...And I feel this boat is sinking fast...

nexis
Old 10-30-2011, 10:11 AM

If your a student then why on earth did you not buy the student version of pro tools 9?

You would have paid a fraction of the price and received 4 years free upgrades, so that's pro tools 10 and will likely see you well in to 11.

---
- Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dougfather View Post
If your a student then why on earth did you not buy the student version of pro tools 9?

You would have paid a fraction of the price and received 4 years free upgrades, so that's pro tools 10 and will likely see you well in to 11.

---
I thought I did. This reads in my Avid account it says it's:

Pro Tools 9.0 Crossgrade from M-Powered Institutional

Is that not the same thing? My friend received an email to upgrade to PT10, I haven't.

edit: Now that I looked at the box, I noticed that it looks like the company where I bought this from screwed up, since on the box it says: "For sale to Institutions and Faculty Only - This product may only be purchased by school districts, home-schools, elementary, secondary and higher education institutions, and their instructors. This product is for sale ONLY to the above institutions and faculty, and is not for sale to students."
Old 10-30-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:

---
I don't believe students can get the HD version of Pro Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzalicious View Post
I don't believe students can get the HD version of Pro Tools
I think you right, i just scanned the post guessing i'd never see the terms Pro Tools HD and student in the same sentence.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I think you right, i just scanned the post guessing i'd never see the terms Pro Tools HD and student in the same sentence.
It actually wouldn't be so far-fetched.. When I was taking engineering classes I was able to buy the professional suites of products from Autodesk and others.. for about 1% of retail.. An amazing deal.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:06 AM

I never said I had PTHD, I upgraded from M-Powered to PT9