Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2021, 07:51 AM

Default Looking for opinions on different high quality audio collaboration tools

I’ve been using several different options for remote recording these past 18 months and I’m curious to know other folk’s opinions and thoughts on the quality of a few popular high quality audio collaboration tools. Specifically for recording remotely.

Comparing the following…

Source-Connect
IpDTL
Clean Feed
SessionLinkPro
Sessionwire
Riverside

I appreciate any feedback.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Looking for opinions on different high quality audio collaboration tools

Another one to look at is Zencastr. It has separate tracks for the "guests" in the host's app. The free version has MP3 files after stopping recording and the paid version 16/44.1 Wave files. I did a voice test with a studio in Bahrain, half-way around the world from me, and there was no lag - it was like the guy was in the studio with me - and the audio was crystal clear. Zencastr is a podcast app, not originally for music, but now has beta video so you can also see your collaborators.

Source-Connect and SessionLink Pro both allow one side to control the other's timeline. Source-Connect has a lot more requirements for that than SessionLinkPro.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some of the apps mentioned are peer-to-peer and others are browser-based.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-30-2021, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Looking for opinions on different high quality audio collaboration tools

Thanks!

If you've used the many different applications, are there any in particular that you've found to better in audio quality than others.

I'm aware of Zencaster but haven't chosen to dive into it. I've used all the others. Primarily just wondering if anyone has any quality preferences.